South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Apparently it’s sunny here, shuffles to curtain to check :crazy:

9F7426F2-830B-48AD-B22C-2BA1310EB2AB.thumb.jpeg.905d17fd7367e063256bf0012b299910.jpeg

Just realised why that is ?‍♂️

5:40am or pm?

Edit: Just seen pm.

Also, isn't that a 12/24hr forecast icon? :D

Edited by Mapantz
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

But the Sun isn't up until 8am :cc_confused:

I’m pretty sure the date will be wrong to, it’s pm not am. wunderground means I don’t need to worry about it, hence I only just noticed :unknw: 

Interestingly following on from @Mapantz earlier post, lighting strikes plenty across Ireland behind the front 

56272C04-2FCF-4359-A8A9-499285B6755B.thumb.jpeg.a32625b58465611124cc80f96f6dd896.jpeg

Ps. Just been outside and the deck is like an ice rink! Surprised there wasn’t a warning for ice out to be honest, however temporary it may be 

Edited by karlos1983
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

lol

Just wet here. Been outside, the frosty shed roof is wet, but no sign of ice anywhere.

Just messaged the wife as she is not weather savi and she finishes work in 5 mins. the pavement is covered in ice so back roads won’t be good. Turning back to plain rain again now

3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Chance would be a fine thing:aggressive:

I know it cant be easy for you in your location but to be honest most of our region has seen nothing this winter.

Okay ish start to winter for me but less than 3 miles down road has seen nothing but rain. I drove to work today and they just laughed at me and said told you it wouldn't snow in trowbridge :vava:

Outlook isnt great it is unusual even for me at elevation to get lucky from polar maritime.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ashme said:

Just checked NW forecast and they got me down for thunderstorms 6-9am!! Is this likely? I can't see how this is possible from the charts

Check my last posts out in the convective thread. :)

• Thanks 1

We need an easterly towards end of January with just one decent fall of snow followed by a nice clear high to freeze it in place for few days and break some cold records.:cold-emoji:

Just one decent week thats all I ask of winter... :nonono:

• Like 1