Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

1 minute ago, khodds said:

:rofl: The M4 will be the death of us by the end of this winter. I guarantee. :hi:

nah, it was just sleety nonsense along the M4 tonight....meh

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MikeTavvy said:

Has always been the same. If one looks at the southern limit of the ice sheet 18,000 years ago, many drawings show this approximately along the route of the M4!

Wow, so the M4 existed on drawings of 18000 years ago. It’s lasted well. Jacket & cap, I know..:hi:

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Nights King said:

:yahoo::yahoo:

Just woken up to a covering of snow. How did this happen!? 

I’m not surprised, it was a wild night! Kept being woken by hail and thunder! 

Another night when Met Office and Beeb were forecasting a lot of rain and 40-50mph winds.
As it turned out we had 0.4mm since midnight and SW winds were 15-20mph with 25--30mph gusts.

Blue skies this morning after a grey cloudy and drizzly 5.4mm day yesterday.
4.2c at midnight and 6.4c now
SW 5-10mph winds, 994.7 hPa

47 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Closer inspection now it's getting light reveals remaining hail and/or snow on cars and roofs. Hailing again now leaving a slushy deposit.

Missed that this morning, but I did leave in the dark...

2 minutes ago, warmintim said:

Missed that this morning, but I did leave in the dark...

Very patchy, more a few hundred yards walk from home but then nothing after that!