Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

11 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Popped up Bleadon hill in Weston, nice winter scene up there with snow on the ground, first time in 4 years I could hear that sound of snow under foot, sounded awesome. 20171210_152315.thumb.jpg.37a58c616591b60dc9ed0e523bbc2c59.jpg

20171210_152326.jpg

I wonder if I might have nearly bumped into you, I just popped up there from Elborough and figured it would be more wintry being 140m ASL, was nice. 

You had the red MPV type car? I’ve got winter tyres on my i3 and was keen to try them out on proper snow! Only slush up there though :-(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I’m just on the southern edge of that precip, which is annoying! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

3pm.thumb.png.652e9264e5865a90eeb5e891cd9b5036.png 5pm.thumb.png.a0d1549bbf9165714745c01ae0a829e1.png 7pm.thumb.png.31dfeeab2ccb91294b9f7c912ec00cfb.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
7 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

I'm in it but it's just rain with the odd sleety bit thrown in!! Very frustrating 

It's hammering down now and feeling cold, but not cold enough to snow . But to be honest that isn't bad  . If it freezes overnight then that could cause problems. 

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

3pm.thumb.png.652e9264e5865a90eeb5e891cd9b5036.png 5pm.thumb.png.a0d1549bbf9165714745c01ae0a829e1.png 7pm.thumb.png.31dfeeab2ccb91294b9f7c912ec00cfb.png

Just when I get conducive conditions for snow, the rain I’ve had all day is about to begger off!! I just give up!!!!

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m just on the southern edge of that precip, which is annoying! 

Me too.The pink/green,on the radar, has been edging closer though.Not sure if it is worth hoping that temps drop enough for some white stuff.No doubt the Poole snow shield will stay intact

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy hoyland said:

But the morning?!... :p I’m hanging on! Just! 

Admirable,  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
6 minutes ago, Mr Clark said:

I wonder if I might have nearly bumped into you, I just popped up there from Elborough and figured it would be more wintry being 140m ASL, was nice. 

You had the red MPV type car? I’ve got winter tyres on my i3 and was keen to try them out on proper snow! Only slush up there though :-(

There was a red mpv type car up there when we arrived, never saw the owner though. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, chris55 said:

My girl enjoying the snow earlier :)

IMG_2980.thumb.JPG.7210332a4006daa31c9891dab0bd5615.JPG

Absolute Beaut! Love GSD’s mine used to love the snow! :cray:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I don’t believe it!! Dew points have gone up!! It’s 2.6c and DP is 3. Just want to cry ? 

Posted

Snow has been falling pretty much all day so lovely to see. If only the dew point was lower I recon we would have got at least a foot. Couple of inches is still awesome. :yahoo:

Hopefully others in the region will have a few surpises before the end of tomorrow.

20171210_152217.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

After the rain this morning, it started to snow at 11am. We drove up to Coaley Peak and Woodchester Mansion in Gloucestershire. It was like Narnia!

Had to cut the walk through the woods short as tree branches were snapping off all around and some were quite large.

Some drifts were up to our knees.

FB_IMG_1512915681053.jpg

FB_IMG_1512915669402.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Some great pictures being posted. Thank you its the only settled snow I'm likely to see for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
2 minutes ago, nettie said:

Some great pictures being posted. Thank you its the only settled snow I'm likely to see for now.

Me too. Making me want to jump in the car, dammit!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
6 minutes ago, Uncle Gargy said:

After the rain this morning, it started to snow at 11am. We drove up to Coaley Peak and Woodchester Mansion in Gloucestershire. It was like Narnia!

Had to cut the walk through the woods short as tree branches were snapping off all around and some were quite large.

Some drifts were up to our knees.

FB_IMG_1512915681053.jpg

FB_IMG_1512915669402.jpg

I had to go through a small bit of woodland today when i took the dog out, i did do rather a brisk walk at that stage ! Real danger of falling branches with all this heavy wet snow.

Also Woodchester mansion is beautiful,  kind of like a secret valley, often catches the snowfall quite badly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

After a lull in the snow, the first of the larger clumps of showers are nearly over me.

Temp 0.5c, dewpoint -0.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
17 minutes ago, khodds said:

I don’t believe it!! Dew points have gone up!! It’s 2.6c and DP is 3. Just want to cry ? 

Hi Khodds, where are you getting these figures from?.....you can't have a dewpoint above the actual air temperature, physical impossibility

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 minutes ago, SteveB said:

After a lull in the snow, the first of the larger clumps of showers are nearly over me.

Temp 0.5c, dewpoint -0.2c

Yeah and look out west mate, all the way back to the south west of Wales and into the Irish Sea, that's how far back echos on the radar stretch could be a great fair few hours of snowfall, at long as the temps stay on the right side. 

Edited by Smartie