South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

arpegeuk-42-27-0.png?10-12

00z ARPEGE had snow fizzling by late Sunday. 06z has a lingering band well into tomorrow.

What a devious tease by that model!

Not much change in the LP behaviour from the 00z - there just seems to be better moisture availability on this run.

Edited by Singularity
  • Like 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stormyskies56 said:

I e only live here since July 2015. This is the first Swindon snow I’ve seen. Oh look a snow plough, that’s a first for today. 

I was working then enf of 2012 - early 2013.  I remember there was a lot of snow in Swindon then that settled.

Was quite blowy this morning with a top gust of 43mph which is the highest since January or February this year.

Seems to have eased down a bit now, not sure if its going to pick up again later but there is also a mixture of rain and snow precipitation rise.

11 minutes ago, Feeling the Blues said:

Meanwhile just the other side of Yate in Old Sodbury we have  a white out. I have tried to post a photo but it exceeded max file size.imageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

You could put them on tiny pic or the like, then post us a link.

4 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Surely you are getting decent snow now noggin? Just down the road from here.

Yep, coming down much better now and starting to settle. A bit! ? Long may it continue. I am going into the back garden now so that I can really feel it!?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Surely you are getting decent snow now noggin? Just down the road from here.

Meant to quote your post, kumquat. Yes, it is definitely improving! ?

Just had an hour of 25-30mph Westerly winds with plenty of 35-40mph gusts and one gust of 42.5mph at 11.20am.
Wind has dropped now to 16-20mph, still Westerly.
Temp has started to drop now 7.3c after a morning of 9c
Pressure after falling seems to have settled at 975 hPa

• Like 1