South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Is it just me or has the Met Office page gone into meltdown as it's showing 'Sorry We're experiencing a problem getting forecast data. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes' for the Gosport forecast.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

A surprising amount of snow here. The M4 is literally the cut off between warm and cold sectors!

You're not wrong - I live a couple of miles south of Junction 12, at above 100m. 1cm of snow has been washed away by the rain. They have a few inches of snow in Reading, just 5 miles away and 40m high - although north of that road!!

• Sad 2
2 minutes ago, rh205 said:

Is it just me or has the Met Office page gone into meltdown as it's showing 'Sorry We're experiencing a problem getting forecast data. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes' for the Gosport forecast.

Was doing it intermittently for here when I looked on there earlier. 

5 minutes ago, rh205 said:

Yep was doing it to me also earlier.... 

2 minutes ago, o0herbie said:

Quite a temperature gradient showing

image.thumb.png.3dce5687aee72cca1c3aaaa2781814e7.png

Yeah the temperature change over just a short distance is crazy, can clearly see the colder air coming in behind the low though!

IMG_7513.PNG

Edited by dec10snow
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just managed a gust of 45mph. Not too shabby. Really wanted 51mph though. lol

Was just viewing Pooleyc and noted the same speed out in the harbour. Still raining but considerably lighter than overnight. You could still hit your 51mph yet as the pressure is still falling..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

I know what I was going to say... I told @matt111 that the winds should literally go from nothing, to gales in pretty much an instant. That's exactly what happened this morning.

4mph to 34, then 40mph within minutes.

WindDay.thumb.png.f8708e40781b18e15b1a2f77e5065586.png

• Like 3

I never knew not having snow could be so depressing!! ;-) I hope your all enjoying it and making super lovely memories!!! :-) What’s even more annoying is not only do I not have snow I also have to go to work this afternoon!! (Moan over!) 

• Haha 1