Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Had snow falling here for about 20 minutes now, surprised your  not seeing any already. 

I'm in the little dry hole just to the east of Bristol.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

If the wind chart I'm reading is correct and I'm  reading it correctly, then I think @knocker you are in a lull and that winds that are behind you are in the 30 knots region . 

Im new to this so I may have it wrong but that's what it looks like to me . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Plain cold rain :wallbash:

You will not have to wait much longer. Rapidly evolving situation as the small low over Bristol quickly traverses the south of England drawing in very cold air behind. Expect 5cm over the Mendips by later this afternoon. Overnight further risk to the south of the UK from the depression coming up the Channel.

We had snow here early this morning followed by heavy rain and 6C then back to 1C or lower by 12.00. Wind will drop as the low moves through. We are literally 10 miles south of the snow here and 5C warmer - no wonder it is such a vigorous little low pressure area !

• Like 1

nmm_uk1-42-30-0.png?10-06

Still keeping an eye on this potential interaction of the flow around the French low with the old frontal boundary early tomorrow.

Today... well, it seems the circulation is scooting east as fast as any model dared take it, with not much of a secondary low hanging back to prolong snow chances that way, so it really is a case of moisture supply versus the inherently drier cold air cutting in down the western flank of the main low.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, legritter said:

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,hoping that it would turn to heavy snow HEY PRESTO its arrived , now this is much earlier than i expected . pretty heavy now ,for those who say it wont pitch i have seen many a snow fall pitch on wet ground over the years , no guarantee though .Radar looking impressive to our north and if the precipitation can carry on for several hours we could see a winter wonderland , great reading all your reports on this forum ,the snow currently is coming down in waves but likely that once the colder air takes a hold proper ,and gets rid of the warmer air just a little above our heads we could see i guess a good prolonged fall ,cheers all LEGRITTER .:cold::yahoo:

Very sorry for yur deeply sad loss :( I am thanking you wife for sending you the beautiful pure snow! Lots of self care for you X

• Like 3
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

@fromey you can start again now, temp going in right direction lol

Yeah,heading down rapidly, only pain in the weeble is as the wind changed direction a massive gust blew 2 fence panels down:angry:

6 minutes ago, legritter said:

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,hoping that it would turn to heavy snow HEY PRESTO its arrived , now this is much earlier than i expected . pretty heavy now ,for those who say it wont pitch i have seen many a snow fall pitch on wet ground over the years , no guarantee though .Radar looking impressive to our north and if the precipitation can carry on for several hours we could see a winter wonderland , great reading all your reports on this forum ,the snow currently is coming down in waves but likely that once the colder air takes a hold proper ,and gets rid of the warmer air just a little above our heads we could see i guess a good prolonged fall ,cheers all LEGRITTER .:cold::yahoo:

Sorry to hear that legritter, hope you're keeping well. Hugs xx

• Like 1