Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

Feel the pain. What' worse I just walked to the Pub to collect the car with a hangover....doesnt open for another two hours! Windy mind on the open moor.

5 minutes ago, khodds said:

So depressing. Temp is 5.9c here. Pouring down (rain that 

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Radar suggesting odd snow showers on Dartmoor. Not true.

Great news for those whose rain is turning wintery. Cold air cutting in quickly. 

Pretty dry here so we'v missed that chance. Still mild at 6c

7 minutes ago, khodds said:

So depressing. Temp is 5.9c here. Pouring down (rain that is)

Yep. 6 degrees here, dew point way up... and nothing more than a few flakes back edge likely to arrive now. Very disappointing. We missed out in March 2013 also. Crikey it's hard being a snow enthusiast in this part of the world.... :-( Back to doing some teleconnective analysis for the mod thread I guess...one day the pattern has to allow snow to fall here but 2012 seems a very long distant memory!

• Like 1

Morning all, just wet and very windy here, supposed to be putting outside xmas trees up today, could be interesting in this wind. Enjoy your snow everyone :-)

4 minutes ago, AWD said:

Temp still plummeting;

Temp 1.6c

DP 1.2c

Hopeful of seeing some falling white stuff pretty soon now.

Had snow falling here for about 20 minutes now, surprised your  not seeing any already.