Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Are the 12z runs so far that bad that no ones posted in the MAD thread for 40 minutes?  :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

I expect most are in the regional threads, plus next week looks back to normal fair of mild mild mild!!:nonono:(if you take the models at face value)

Posted
38 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Are the 12z runs so far that bad that no ones posted in the MAD thread for 40 minutes?  :unknw:

All looking pretty toasty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Quite tranquil here at the moment as the wind has dropped for the time being. Lowering As with very slight rain.

Forgive me if I'm wrong knocker but the met o removed the yellow warning for wind from me and I believe Bristol southwards and into Cornwall .

edit didn't make sense . 

Edited by Ciderwithrosie
Didn't make sense .

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong knocker but the met o removed the yellow warning for wind from me and I believe Bristol southwards and into Cornwall .

edit didn't make sense . 

Yes, I'm seeing & hearing mixed responses on this, anybody with an update, might need to go shift me bins again, if it's gonna get breezy..

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

edit didn't make sense . 

I believe that is correct Cider and I'm quite pleased after last night. Still be fairly windy for a time I imagine. Latest surface chart

eur_full.gif?1516212576

Edited by knocker

Posted
19 minutes ago, knocker said:

I believe that is correct Cider and I'm quite pleased after last night. Still be fairly windy for a time I imagine. Latest surface chart

eur_full.gif?1516212576

Thank you Knocker for posting that chart.

It looks to me ( and I'm real novice here ), that the winds are being squeezed into a funnel  effect in a NW direction from the southern tip of Ireland and could still pack quite a punch even down to the south west . Especially as they said it would pick up strength rather than lose it over land . 

As for last night it was rather grim for a time so a quiet spell wouldn't go amiss I suppose . 

Posted

Looks like wintry showers are possible again from late afternoon tomorrow on into Friday, so the scattered chance of hail, sleet and wet snow to hope for!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Looks like wintry showers are possible again from late afternoon tomorrow on into Friday, so the scattered chance of hail, sleet and wet snow to hope for!

It's not going to be dull that's for sure . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

There is no way in hell I’m looking in the Scotland regional or northern England regional,  nuh uh!! :nonono:

I’m even avoiding looking at the radar!!! 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

There is no way in hell I’m looking in the Scotland regional or northern England regional,  nuh uh!! :nonono:

I’ve been peeking in there this afternoon and it doesn’t make good reading. As for the radar just zoom in so you can’t see that area then you won’t know any different. :cray:

Posted

Thanks for that Sky News. :pardon:

B2371E8B-640E-4AFB-9996-C86EAAEBB16A.png

:nonono:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
23 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

It really is depressing at least in the previous winters (last 8ish?) we have had mainly mild winters so the north didnt get much either and we didnt get hopes up too much but this winter is like the final insult because we watch the rest of country get buried every other week or so while we get wind and rain. :wallbash:

Obviously the country did see spring 'winter' of 2013 but most of us didn't see snow in that just lots of ice days and a failed Chanel low.. 

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Oh good God no. No. No more. 

Screenshot_20180117-195123.png

Posted
9 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Oh good God no. No. No more. 

Screenshot_20180117-195123.png

Mine says much the same with snow all morning until 12 mid day...

Trying to reel us in again... but we are wised up this time now and know it will just be another red herring .  :nonono::crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Interesting wind gusts early morn. Think I’ll retire now and get some non interrupted by escaping wheelie bins sleep in before then. 

CD7D3388-DEC1-4842-979E-E0CD67EDA63E.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
15 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Mine says much the same with snow all morning until 12 mid day...

Trying to reel us in again... but we are wised up this time now and know it will just be another red herring .  :nonono::crazy:

That lasts about an hour and then I can feel myself coming round to the idea and before you know it, it' arrived....hope 

Princetown has heavy snow for 6 hours.

Posted
20 minutes ago, festivalking said:

That lasts about an hour and then I can feel myself coming round to the idea and before you know it, it' arrived....hope 

Yes it gets us every time.... the hope that is :closedeyes:

Problem I'll have is lack of ppn and you will be wrong side of marginal. its a broken record :angry:

Posted

Oh look...it's raining. :closedeyes:

Posted
21 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Read my words ... You must resist festivalking, you must resist ... do not look , do not hope .. or Yer dooomed , dooooomed dddooooomed I say . Lol :rofl:

Always look in the bright side ? ... I'll get my :)coat .

well, my little weather thingy says 5.7 C 98% humidity and a rain icon . My letterbox does the occasional rattle but other than that zilch nada . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I think I read somewhere on another forum  that the system seems to be more north east than modelled. Couldn’t remember if they were referring to the snow or the wind ... .. time will tell I suppose .. 

Posted
Just now, Polar Bear said:

I think I read somewhere on another forum  that the system seems to be more north east than modelled. Couldn’t remember if they were referring to the snow or the wind ... .. time will tell I suppose .. 

The northwest thread seem to think it is.