Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of those BBC Weather or Met Office rainfall apps. Worth £20 a year to subscribe to the V7 radar from here. Even the free radar apps are better than hopecasting from a graphic. I have mine set up to alert me when a shower is approaching then go on sentry duty out of the upstairs window before it arrives. The wife thinks I’m mad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Gibby said:

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of those BBC Weather or Met Office rainfall apps. Worth £20 a year to subscribe to the V7 radar from here. Even the free radar apps are better than hopecasting from a graphic. I have mine set up to alert me when a shower is approaching then go on sentry duty out of the upstairs window before it arrives. The wife thinks I’m mad.

Thanks Gibby I have the V7 but never knew you could set it up to tell you! 

Do you think we will see much shower activity in this part of region later? I dont understand the warning seems very ott.

1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Do you have a subscription to the radar? If you do, ask Paul to be added to the beta so you can download it on your Android device. To be fair though, the notifications for rain don't work that well. I haven't had a single notification all day, despite it being enabled.

My wife also thinks I’m completely bonkers, not to mention the elbow I get for letting the warm air out when I open the door for closer inspection :nonono: it’s snow for goodness sake! It’s worth the sacrifice of a slight draft!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Do you think we will see much shower activity in this part of region later? I dont understand the warning seems very ott.

No it’s not the V7 radar that alerts me it’s the Weather and Radar app on my iPad and phone that notifies me. I often use it in conjunction with my Facebook weather page. Incidentally the sferics over a South Somerset will be in the Poole area soon. It’s all moving at quite a lick.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Do you have a subscription to the radar? If you do, ask Paul to be added to the beta so you can download it on your Android device. To be fair though, the notifications for rain don't work that well. I haven't had a single notification all day, despite it being enabled.

Yes i subscribe year round I used to subscribe to model stuff too and take part more but just lack of time with work these days I have left the rest for now.

3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Yes i subscribe year round I used to subscribe to model stuff too and take part more but just lack of time with work these days I have left the rest for now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.netweather.netweatherradarextra&hl=en_GB

Edited by Mapantz

Here’s the latest screen grap off my app. It was showing sferics down over Ilchester way but they are now removed. Obviously not been a strike over recent minutes.

D12EF3E1-7466-41C0-BBD5-07BBB17E0299.jpeg

4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Anyone else having pws issues with Wunderground! I’ve stopped reporting :shok:

No mine still reporting. Mind you I have lots of interruptions to the webcam service.

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Here’s the latest screen grap off my app. It was showing sferics down over Ilchester way but they are now removed. Obviously not been a strike over recent minutes.

D12EF3E1-7466-41C0-BBD5-07BBB17E0299.jpeg

That app is a con! On Android, you have to pay for the Pro app, making users think they get the premium radar, and then they tell you that you need a premium subscription on top to be able to view the pro radar. I soon deleted it!

35 minutes ago, dancing daisy said:

It's snowing in Taunton, dewpoint here is positively tropical so not expecting to see anything.

Who's this Robomod chap? He's messaged me and told me I'm not an active member anymore, cheeky beggar!

Who told you it’s snowing in Taunton ? granted I’m not actually in Taunton at the moment but a bit outside we had a heavy hail shower, accompanied by thunder and lightning!!

• Like 1