Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, well the weather has surpassed yesterday's gloom, this morning I can just about make out the bottom of the garden (and no, I don't have acres of land, so it's not far away). Mendip murk at it's finest, the upside to living on a big hill is a slightly greater chance of snow, the downside is low cloud engulfs it with monotonous regularity.

Posted
2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Is it time to get excited? I’m sure I saw @Mapantz ramping in the Mad Thread last night lol ?

Late night so must have lost his way...

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fog. Humidity 95% rh. 5.5c. Breeze 6 mph, Pressure 987.5 hPa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Repeat of yesterday so far today with the exception of the slightly higher temperature. 6.8°C. 

Posted
45 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Repeat of yesterday so far today with the exception of the slightly higher temperature. 6.8°C. 

And some drizzle this morning, making things damp to the touch.

So yesterday it was Mapantz, today Jethro has visited the MAD thread, the blessed M4 is doing it's funky stuff again again to the charts posted by Stewfox, who mentioned the "S" word. Interestingly enough looking at the charts, they show RAIN for down here, so lets move quickly on..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

And some drizzle this morning, making things damp to the touch.

So yesterday it was Mapantz, today Jethro has visited the MAD thread, the blessed M4 is doing it's funky stuff again again to the charts posted by Stewfox, who mentioned the "S" word. Interestingly enough looking at the charts, they show RAIN for down here, so lets move quickly on..

Yes everything is back to being damp again after sort of drying out over the last few days. 

And about the M4.... :diablo: :bomb:

Posted

@jethro gets a popular post in the MAD thread. :yahoo:

Apart from @karlos1983 does anyone else from here ever manage that? :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Clearly my in-depth knowledge of model reading winning out. NOT :rofl:

Posted
22 minutes ago, jtay said:

@jethro - Fill your boots tomorrow. image.png.e5318e26f71b834653704620c7bd4ce0.png

You have no idea just how happy that makes me. This damp murk drives me insane.

Posted
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well don't look in my direction. :laugh:

Back to the present and the rain from the approaching front has arrived.

Knocker is the sun going to come out anytime soon? Is tomorrow the only chance for that or will it last for longer?

Posted
20 minutes ago, jethro said:

Knocker is the sun going to come out anytime soon? Is tomorrow the only chance for that or will it last for longer?

Well that's a bit tricky Jethro. The rain should clear you in the early hours so a different airmass and the sun should make an appearance tomorrow, Overnight Weds the shallow low to the SW shouldn't impinge on your area so Thursday, Friday under the ridge before the front edges in on Saturday. But the ridge could well be cloudy. I don't know how accurate these gfs forecast soundings are but possible breaks in your area, I musn't be quoted :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

Meeeeee ??

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well that's a bit tricky Jethro. The rain should clear you in the early hours so a different airmass and the sun should make an appearance tomorrow, Overnight Weds the shallow low to the SW shouldn't impinge on your area so Thursday, Friday under the ridge before the front edges in on Saturday. But the ridge could well be cloudy. I don't know how accurate these gfs forecast soundings are but possible breaks in your area, I musn't be quoted :)

Hooray, a glimmer of hope :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

My god I hate this time of year. Just driven to bath and back. All I can say is murk, damp, foggy, dire, bleak, grim. 

Depressing!!! Waaaahhhh!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Turned the heating off, it was getting too warm indoors. Currently 8.5°C

Wish it was warm in mine. :cold:

Posted

I’ve been uploading photos to the BBC weather watchers website over the last few days but I might as well have used the same one for each day over the last few days since they’ve all looked the same. 

79453997-0628-4C0D-8D05-3F385AF2DD00.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

@jethro can take the reins now, I’m eaxhuasted :rofl: and a fine job too:hi:whereas my work is 90% guess work anyway :D 10% wind up ?

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

@jethro can take the reins now, I’m eaxhuasted :rofl: and a fine job too:hi:whereas my work is 90% guess work anyway :D 10% wind up ?

Wind up... Never?? :shok:

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Mine's just pure flippancy. I guess what prompts it is the mad thread gets totally taken over when there's just the mere whiff of a breeze coming from the east. I get that it can once in a while lead to nirvana, but more often than not it leads to exactly what we currently have - cold murk. Maybe it's a population thing and this country being so SE centric all the damn time, but when an easterly is sniffed the rest of the country may as well take a hike in that thread. Anyone even vaguely saying it's going to snow in London, surrey, sussex etc have their posts ramped to high heaven, it's not based on the accuracy of their predictions, merely the often false hope and dreams it creates. Or at least that's how if often appears to me, but maybe I'm just a cantankerous old mare cheesed off with the damp gloom.