Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
1 hour ago, fromey said:

temp 2.0c dew -0.4c 

somthing blowing around in the wind, could be some grains of snow but hard to tell 

fromey

If it was you would be able to see them, feels like invizdriz to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a hideous day. It's made it to the giddy height of 1c, dank and half light with low cloud/fog; if this is easterly weather you can keep it. Just got in from work and I'm bloody frozen, detest this kind of weather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Got up to the dizzy heights of 4.1°C here which it’s been for the last hour. 

Posted

Another flat lined day, with a peak of 4.3°C and now currently 4.1°C., a classic Easterly , dull breezy and boring..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Well weather wise it might be grim but it's my birthday today and I have got my weather station . Have to get batteries for,it and a bracket for the outdoor sensor but I'm happy. 

Sorry for those of you who have to work outside in this weather and I hope that you will warm up soon .

Posted
48 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Well weather wise it might be grim but it's my birthday today and I have got my weather station . Have to get batteries for,it and a bracket for the outdoor sensor but I'm happy. 

Sorry for those of you who have to work outside in this weather and I hope that you will warm up soon .

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
3 hours ago, jethro said:

What a hideous day. It's made it to the giddy height of 1c, dank and half light with low cloud/fog; if this is easterly weather you can keep it. Just got in from work and I'm bloody frozen, detest this kind of weather.

I’ll second that. I’m a landscape gardener, and spent today digging holes in rocky ground high up in the Cotswolds surrounded by mist and fog. Don’t like damp cold. Finished a bit early and still feeling cold. Happy to have a hard frost and sun any day! 

Posted

My weather station is by a company called YouShiko and it's a wireless weather station. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

My weather station is by a company called YouShiko and it's a wireless weather station. 

Happy Birthday... If it just shows 4C for the foreseeable, it's not broken; it's an easterly.

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, now you'll have to get Mapantz round to climb up on your roof for you to put the anemometer up, he's good at that..

Posted

Been out & about in west Dorset today, but I may as well have been in DullyMcDullsville Tennessee. Temps varying between 2-4c. The most boring type of cold & nothingness imaginable.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Happy birthday neighbour!! Sorry we couldn’t sort the weather for you :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still 4°C, as it was at 2pm.. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

2c here and gloomy all day although think i caught a glimpse of snizzle first thing this morning when it was around 0c but it was very fine and hard to be sure.

The west country snow drought continues...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

It has been awful on IOW overcast, dull and feeling cold. It reached 6 degrees here.

Posted

Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes - I shall hopefully get things up and running soon , it's at least one way to keep warm lol . 

The easterly in '91 was dull  and bitter and long , however I don't think this one is down to last as long. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Happy Birthday Ciderwithrosie! I bet you enjoyed the weather on your birthday in 2010! Bit early for the 2013 snows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Happy birthday @Ciderwithrosie Hope you are enjoy your prezzie!

its been sooo gloomy here today. It reminds me of March 2013, bitter but no snow. Think some areas were very lucky in 2013. I remember it being dire here!

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, SilverWolf said:

I’ll second that. I’m a landscape gardener, and spent today digging holes in rocky ground high up in the Cotswolds surrounded by mist and fog. Don’t like damp cold. Finished a bit early and still feeling cold. Happy to have a hard frost and sun any day! 

I'll agree with that, hate working in this weather, find the only way to warm up is a hot bath.

It was really foggy here earlier, hadn't lifted all day. I was in two minds as to whether to bother with pottery class tonight as I hate driving in thick fog, made the effort and was pleasantly surprised to find no fog at all in Frome. Bonus was to find no fog at all on the way home, it's completely clear here now. Futile hoping it'll stay clear for tomorrow though, Fergie promised more overnight. Deep joy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Is it time to get excited? I’m sure I saw @Mapantz ramping in the Mad Thread last night lol ?

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Mornin All, the temperature starting to rally as the SW air arrives, currently 6.3C, and overcast, actually quiet dark considering it’s almost 9am.