Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen lightning to the SW from up here in NE Somerset. We have had a few sleety snowy showers over recent hours when the wind really whips up but nothing of note. Incidentally I am not a lover of

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,

hi gang ,our local yard where they keep the gritters opened up about two hours ago ,they are loading up as i type ,gone much colder last thirty minutes ,think higher elevations could get a good coveri

Posted Images

Aaaarrrgghhh!! Why are people posting charts from over a week away in the MAD thread?! It’s so flipping irritating ????

all im seeing today is shorts from 15/16th Jan.. Why?!

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, khodds said:

Aaaarrrgghhh!! Why are people posting charts from over a week away in the MAD thread?! It’s so flipping irritating ????

all im seeing today is shorts from 15/16th Jan.. Why?!

Whoa, must be time to visit the pub in Priddy!  That's what they do in that thread up to 240hours, their beliefs, their insight, their wisdom to share to one and all, is free for anybody prepared to go instantly insane (present thread visitors excluded from my comment!)/ I've seen this years and years of this and it happens without fail every year. A better place to be is the short term thread, much nicer place, chillin and Knocker adds his great views of the short term. I know you know all of but I sense your frustration. Time for the pub (and not the pub run...), just think it'll all change tomorrow...

PS, does anybody like Branston Baked beans - reduced sugar and  salt, they have just ruined a homemade sausage plait so they are likely to end up in the bin...yuk :bad:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chevron12345 said:

Max 4.9 today, Yatton N.Somerset.

Cold spell here for sure, light snow shower/s this morning giving a very very light dusting on roofs. Ground temps certainly dropping away.

Cold wind.

Welcome to the best thread in town, apart from the fact you mentioned the "S" word, which for us southerners is red rag to the bull material. Anyway enjoy being with a friendly bunch of weather like minds..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In April to October a weak warm front from the South would be welcome as it gently ushers in warmer/thundery potential.

However tonight/tomorrow it's 99% unwelcome as all it will do is bring gloom, slowly increasing temperatures replacing today's near perfect winter set up and patchy drizzle. The other 1% is the slimmest chance of snow grains rather than drizzle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

In April to October a weak warm front from the South would be welcome as it gently ushers in warmer/thundery potential.

However tonight/tomorrow it's 99% unwelcome as all it will do is bring gloom, slowly increasing temperatures replacing today's near perfect winter set up and patchy drizzle. The other 1% is the slimmest chance of snow grains rather than drizzle.

That's got to be the slimmest 1% I have ever seen...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how low it’ll go before the cloud arrives. Probably not that low here but further north could get a few degrees below freezing if the cloud holds off long enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

No frost or ice this morning. Windy, gusting to 31mph. Chilly, but nothing extraordinary.

20180107_153038.thumb.jpg.d57c1530ba4a879678366b3aa409b682.jpg

Agree with that sentiment.....2.5 degree min here near Glasto last night.....its cold but really not worthy of being called a 'cold snap' .it is january after all.

I think too many of the guys in the MAD thead seem to imply the various models in some way determine the outcome. Then whip everyone up into a frenzy over conjecture....me included at times I admit.....lol.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all, been watching closely all week. Off to Poland for 5 day’s on thursday and was worried I was going to miss much at home but that doesn’t seem the case anymore though ? although hoping I get to see some proper winter weather in krakow as it’s seems to be really similar there at the minute to here!

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's it easterlies over, 18z said so. Cold zonal rainfest instead. :rofl:

Down to 2.1°C now but frost looking unlikely here with the expected cloud cover later in the night. 

Edited by matt111
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, westysweather said:

Evening all, been watching closely all week. Off to Poland for 5 day’s on thursday and was worried I was going to miss much at home but that doesn’t seem the case anymore though ? although hoping I get to see some proper winter weather in krakow as it’s seems to be really similar there at the minute to here!

If you want to see rain stick around, that's as good as it'll get, enjoy....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Extensive stratus cloud cover here today, yesterdays sunshine already being missed.

Temperatures rose 2c overnight as the weak warm front moved through

Cold surface temperatures remaining though, currently 3.7c.

Link to post
Share on other sites

temp 2.0c dew -0.4c 

somthing blowing around in the wind, could be some grains of snow but hard to tell 

fromey

Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperatures really struggling today and very dingy outside. Currently tying with December 11th as the coldest maximum of the winter as it has only made it to 02.4C so far.

Edited by MP-R
Link to post
Share on other sites

Temp of 4.3 °C today. It also looks like being the dullest day I have recorded since owning this station. A solar high of  just 43 W/m²

SolarDay.thumb.png.ded649d6ef277375e2afb3173ec3cedb.png 2018-01-08.png.07a615a2ed8823d7c4ee53e050ff5baf.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...