Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted

Some lovely skies this morning. Not seen that colour for a while.
Chill in the air.

Was 6.6c at midnight and down to 4.6c at 7am
Wind turned late evening form SW to SE and from 1am to NE
Now 4.9c, 1006.7 hPa, NE winds 6-12mph

skies 6thjan18.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Well considering met o were predicting a low of only 2/3C, waking up to a frost and the car thermometer showing -1C was a very nice ssurprise!! Love these sort of mornings :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Clouding over now and light breeze , still looks chilly to me. Hopefully I will be able to post more accurate data on here from my weather station :)

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Clouding over now and light breeze , still looks chilly to me. Hopefully I will be able to post more accurate data on here from my weather station :)

What did you go with in the end?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
12 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

69DA7215-F6F8-46AB-8B71-8C5FF8EAFA65.thumb.jpeg.f118f6270e9c4e835c460b01cd670a92.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Went down to -1.9C at one point but rose steadily as cloud moved in. A chilly raw day today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

3.1C here with a low of 2.5C.

breeze picking up from the NE. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Netweather has snow chance tomorrow evening 

for narrow strip along and just south of M4 corridor for a change . Let’s hope this comes off!!!DA5F12FD-0D54-48E5-A16D-717D8AD0DF2D.thumb.jpeg.4fb6c7ea7cfc7790dbf3e1340a6179fd.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and colder than recently although we’ve finally got rid of that wind. 4.3°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It’s a really weird light out there today, mainly because it’s so cloudy over mendip but blue sky here! It looks so gloomy on the mendips @jethro @Nights King Can you confirm? It’s still only 3.3c here

Posted

Really really gloomy here 

we were just saying how far it’s got 

looking on the radar last few frames something has been intensifying and forming what looks like a trough .

feeking raw out there , will it snow ? 

• Like 1

Posted

Mostly cloudy throughout the morning with rain showers this afternoon. Sun is poking through cloud now that the end of the daylight nears. Temp at the moment is 4C.

Edited by EllyTech

Posted
40 minutes ago, offerman said:

Really really gloomy here 

we were just saying how far it’s got 

looking on the radar last few frames something has been intensifying and forming what looks like a trough .

feeking raw out there , will it snow ? 

Though we have a NE'ly flow, its just too warm for snow today it seems. Perhaps the showers will keep moving in from the North Sea tonight ... it'll be colder but will the uppers support snow?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, khodds said:

It’s a really weird light out there today, mainly because it’s so cloudy over mendip but blue sky here! It looks so gloomy on the mendips @jethro @Nights King Can you confirm? It’s still only 3.3c here

Yes thick cloud and 3c gloomy. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Though we have a NE'ly flow, its just too warm for snow today it seems. Perhaps the showers will keep moving in from the North Sea tonight ... it'll be colder but will the uppers support snow?

Ok

Thanks for confirming 

Posted
5 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

I shall tell you on Monday when I open it (  my birthday :) ) it was one of two models and they both had very good reviews . 

Its not overly expensive as I'm such a novices I don't want to ruin a very expensive piece of equipment ( don't want to ruin anything to be honest) . 

As for you Mr Karlos ! :rofl: very funny ... I know I'm not the most eloquent or technical on here but I am  trying my best. Honest.  Whether my new machine will  make much difference to t:nea:he nonsense I post who knows ...

However you did make me laugh . So thank you . And at least I don't strop if I don't get the type of weather I like . 

I do like this regional thread and the people on it. 

• Like 1

Posted

As to the weather - well I went out but it had become overcast and gloomy and a tad chilly and raw so no photos I'm afraid . 

I d however pop into the garede centre and buy some crocus and violas and have planted them out and that set the Raynauds off . Fingers just defrosting and stopped hurting . 

Still tiz winter, and it can still be beautiful and I have lots to be thankful for . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Grey today, top temp of 5.3°C 

Nothing cold in the short term for here, not even any frosts forecast. Double figures by Wednesday. 

As a comparison to show how crap this Winter has been..  Last Winter (December to January 6th) I had 12 air frosts. This Winter I have had 6.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typical that when a northeasterly finally arrives, it brings rain...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 hours ago, khodds said:

Not seen a glimmer of sun all day, started off with a sharp frost and misty, frost lifted but the cloud didn't - a lights on all day here today.

• Like 1

Posted

Did ANYBODY notice the clouds were going the wrong way today?

So use to seeing the SW flow today was one of those rare days when the weather goes the "wrong" way..

Edited by Dorsetbred