Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
20 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Snowing over the tops of Dartmoor heavy rain and hail here. Surly further up the line where snow lies this is going to be a big snow to rain event. All eyes after tonight to next weekend.....

Met office showing some light snow showers for here around mid night just before the main course of rain shortly after.

-2c here with almost totaly cloudy skies. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Deep snow up at Bath downs up where the amazing cafe is woth views toward wales and over bristol direction 

4943FB65-6A51-439F-A843-715956ABD9B9.jpeg

268D24DD-4573-49A7-830D-DDC7DA25B5AC.jpeg

5F4A3B11-737F-4A0B-AD76-FE8045A7BA6A.jpeg

4F1A5F94-71EE-49A0-8657-C65BC5EFC740.jpeg

CBCC2391-B8A0-4ED2-8C8F-4B1307EF2CE4.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Temperature has just started to rise, only slightly but it's moving upwards...the current frost will soon be gone..

Temp still slowly dropping here .. 0.3c for now. 

Was nice to see the frost hanging on so long today, -1.9c last night for me as a low, was surprised how long the frost lasted. 

Posted

Ok the temp has only just risen crept up to 0.1C, still frosty and light rain has started with a bit of heavy precip about to arrive according to radar.

Likely will be rain with the air too warm above the valley, but the ground is a bit frozen.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

I can’t get excited about the mid- longer term prospects for cold at the moment, looks a very westerly driven pattern, with any colder incursions unlikely to deliver away from elevation. It’s a bit of a let down following the great start to winter “prospects”. For me now I want to see something from the east or northeast and I’m not convinced for that’s at all likely in the next 2 weeks at least. NE cold across the pond is pretty much a killer for us In terms of cold prospects and it’s seriously cold over there. Some of the Great Lakes forecast to get almost complete ice coverage, not seen for 17+ years. Luckily it’s only December, just not seeing anything that interests my location for the foreseeable. 

I will however happily take a couple of storms if we must have a mobile pattern. 

Hope everyone had a top Christmas ? ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Thought that was the end of the cold tonight when the temperature started rising but now it's nosedived to -0.6°C after rising to 0.4°C not long ago. Shame it'll rise through the night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

... I wonder if we could get thunder snow in the early hours?

Very unlikely. T850's will be +ve under the precip, and the 0 degree isotherm will be above 1000 metres by then too.

Posted

I was surprised to see a decent covering of snow at the top of Brassknocker Hill today as there was none on the way there. 

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Very unlikely. T850's will be +ve under the precip, and the 0 degree isotherm will be above 1000 metres by then too.

Yes, I thought it would be a long shot. Just wondered if there was anything that could modify timings and conditions.. straw clutching, but I've never witnessed it, so..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hope y’awl enjoying the festivities and some snow? Feels like am missing the action or I’ve the snow shield. Up in Inveraray with a trip to Isle of Skye tomorrow so hoping that warning does stay further south for you.  Although am not favouring the ice situation .... 

7856F490-172B-4A1A-9433-531F07ED765C.jpeg

BBFABE66-AD13-4613-A3BC-FA400A15746D.jpeg

Edited by Polar Bear
  • Like 1

Posted

-0.5c now, precip not far away ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still dropping, -1.1°C. Quite a bit lower than forecast for here. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't see anything other than rain falling here, despite a lot of factors that are checked.

viewimage.thumb.png.d6ee37c2185afeaefc363bae48d75e3b.png

^ Likely as to why the radar shows rain.

Posted

Still a good 1-2 inches of snow here. At 70 m ASL (east Gloucester) this'll be the 5th day this month of decent snow on the ground, as opposed to a 'dusting'. This one was far better than the one earlier in the month.

The snow on the ground really does suppress the temps. Currently -0.6c so unless a massive heat wave in the night it'll be 3 day event - quite good comparing it to the crap of the last few years.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Snow/Ice icon has appeared..

20171228_220603.thumb.jpg.0fbac487eae60e0b7405f4390d8b3184.jpg

Snap. 

E761FD03-B9DF-4F11-B434-0EC8B07FDFF2.jpeg