Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Mornin' All, currently wet from last nights rainfall, and temperature of 6.2C with the wind beginning to back SW. A sunny start to the day...can we get on with spring now, pleeze, the garden thinks it is time to wake up.

I suspect there will be at least one more  non event this winter sent to torment us!

Posted
2 hours ago, jethro said:

We can but dream.

When looking at the radar last night I briefly tormented myself by checking out all the other places I've lived, quite a few would have been having snow last night. Despite living in North Yorkshire for 10 years, the best places for snow were definitely the North Cotswolds (where I grew up) and Northants. Dreaming of 1981.....Cotswolds had way more than 39cm, it lasted for weeks and was heavenly. Oh for a time machine.

I remember that (Gloucester gal) I went outside in mydressing gown, Pjs and slippers and ran around in it, the snow was up to my knees and the dye from my slippers left my feet blue for ages. :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 2.9°C here. Currently 7.2°C

No ice or frost this morning, and that is the story of the month so far - not a single air frost. Compared to 6 this time last year. I'm also running 2°C above last January's average. I don't ever  expect much in Winter down here, but the fact that this Winter is shaping up to be warmer than last Winter, really does tell a story.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

As expected, nothing here last night apart from a bit of sleet yesterday evening. Cool and mostly sunny so far today although a bit more cloud coming over now. 

Just been catching up with everything and our wind warnings been removed and there’s now an amber warning for snow in some areas up north. :cray:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

A low of 2.9°C here. Currently 7.2°C

No ice or frost this morning, and that is the story of the month so far - not a single air frost. Compared to 6 this time last year. I'm also running 2°C above last January's average. I don't ever  expect much in Winter down here, but the fact that this Winter is shaping up to be warmer than last Winter, really does tell a story.

Yes not a single air frost here either and not many ground frosts for that matter. It’s strange as it hasn’t been a particularly mild month so far but it hasn’t managed to get below freezing at night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
On 15/01/2018 at 17:51, jethro said:
31 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Yes not a single air frost here either and not many ground frosts for that matter. It’s strange as it hasn’t been a particularly mild month so far but it hasn’t managed to get below freezing at night. 

I se they've removed it for my area too. No fun is it ?!  Mind you it could always slip down a little further and on the BBC weather app it is still showing 40-50 mph gusts later on tonight . 

The weather will do what the weather will do . 

Mind you I don't fancy being  stranded on the motorway because of snow that's for sure . But again I don't venture out into snow not after the last time I had quite a nasty jolt going home from work one time . 

Weve had plenty of gusty winds here this morning the odd shower and it did snow at one point in the night . 

Current temp shows 9C . I suspect it may be a little High. 

Posted
30 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Current temp shows 9C . I suspect it may be a little High.

Maybe but it’s 8.2°C here so you might not be far off. Doesn’t feel like that with the wind though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken Cloud with sunshine .5.5c. Humidity 62% rh.

993.5 hPa. Breeze 6 - 14 mph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Roll on spring :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Thoroughly bored of the wind. Nothing but a monumental pain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 hours ago, dancing daisy said:

I remember that (Gloucester gal) I went outside in mydressing gown, Pjs and slippers and ran around in it, the snow was up to my knees and the dye from my slippers left my feet blue for ages. :D 

With snowdrifts much taller than me, temperatures around -20 at times and endless days spent digging sheep out of the drifts, all of me was blue. That said, it was pure heaven. Anyone not familiar with that year, have a read of this

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure if its just turned out a quieter spell today, but the wind here is WSW 8-16mph some 20-25mph gusts.
The forecasts have the wind speed at 23-31mph and gusts of 40-45mph for us over night, looks to be down a lot from what was predicted earlier in the week.

Its a pleasant sunny day here, temp is 8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

just poked my head around the Scottish regional thread door... the sun outside was making me feel happy - ....after seeing the Scottish thread.. hmm...

Posted
9 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

just poked my head around the Scottish regional thread door... the sun outside was making me feel happy - ....after seeing the Scottish thread.. hmm...

Not for the southern feint hearted.........:sorry:

Posted
6 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Whoa.....who you calling faint hearted? :cray:WE have suffered for more years with winters of no cold & certainly NO snow than the total number of years Scots have had cider served in their pubs .:drunk:

Now who's faint hearted:aggressive:

Posted
24 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Wasn’t a pleasant sight looking in there earlier. Probably best to avoid all the northern regionals tonight and tomorrow. :sorry:

Edited by matt111

Posted
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Wasn’t a pleasant sight looking in there earlier. Probably best to avoid all the northern regionals tonight and tomorrow. :sorry:

They'll all be too busy posting 24ft snowdrift images and scanning the SE thread to see how much of Norfolk is left after tonight's breeze...

• Like 1

Posted

21 minutes ago, festivalking said:

12 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Whoa.....who you calling faint hearted? :cray:WE have suffered for more years with winters of no cold & certainly NO snow than the total number of years Scots have had cider served in their pubs .:drunk:

Now who's faint hearted:aggressive:

Not calling anyone faint hearted :)...........feint on the other hand ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Really cold here today, had to put a jumper on for golf!!!

Posted
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Not calling anyone faint hearted :)...........feint on the other hand ;)

Yeah I know, was winding you up. It's been a long night and day, and we prepare to go into a different spell of weather now. This one might raise the thread to new discussions..No ill meant:drunk:

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah I know, was winding you up. It's been a long night and day, and we prepare to go into a different spell of weather now. This one might raise the thread to new discussions..No ill meant:drunk:

No worries i didn't take it as ill mean!!! But i agree its tough down here enduring endless autumns.....

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
13 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

They'll all be too busy posting 24ft snowdrift images and scanning the SE thread to see how much of Norfolk is left after tonight's breeze...

Most disappointing to be downgraded on the gale front although other weather apps are still dishing out warmng all over the place . 

It was certainly breezy at lunchtime , nearly took the garage door off . All quiet in the Western front now though . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'm glad wind downgraded myself. Sick of damaging wind. 

Winter is a sorry sight but I have had plenty of frost but that's all.

Was a slight frost this morning but no snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
5 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Most disappointing to be downgraded on the gale front although other weather apps are still dishing out warmng all over the place . 

It was certainly breezy at lunchtime , nearly took the garage door off . All quiet in the Western front now though . 

You must have been reading my mind, I was about to say never mind the snow or snowt now for us, what is situation on the Winds forecast tonight... you say downgraded? Where's the downgrading come from? Exactly as you said the apps and forecast still showing about 50mph for where I am which is rare.