Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted

Even if I don't have any more snow, I shall be satisfied with this Winter as I have had a blizzard, albeit during the night, where the snow lay for a couple of days, plus a smaller fall, although it only lay for about an hour. I took photos and look at them frequently.....gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!

Haven't even seen any blue sky for several days now...........just miserable, nondescript and unrelenting greyness. ?

• Like 1

Posted

a few inches of snow gone by the next morning Andy.....that would make the newspapers here lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Slowly but surely, the MetO app keeps showing an increase in windspeed and gusts around midnight on Wednesday. Perhaps another station record in the offing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
8 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Therein lies the difference between the Mendips and other places. I've had 1 frost in the last week and that was only briefly one late evening before it got up to 3c+ by dawn. The weekend never got below 3c and today has been up to double figures. Even in December after a few properly frosty nights the snow which settled disappeared quickly.

I'm not discounting the likelihood of snow settling tomorrow evening/night, but unless there's an unexpected several inches from a persistent streamer (possible) I can't see it sustaining past mid morning on Wednesday.

There is a marked difference from home to work in Trowbridge i cant believe how mild trowbridge can be sometimes. Ice warning is nearly always coming up on car dashboard when I drive home it makes me jump every time because I think it is a engine warning coming on :rofl:

Well the showers are starting to pack in fast now from the west, just have to see if they turn to snow by morning. 5c currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

One of the most rare occurrences I have ever witnessed...

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=33651.msg341640#msg341640

That’s not common. Fair play to them. I hope they fix the issues, you don’t often get to apologise twice in my experience.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Fairly frequent Squally showers last few hours gusting 40mph

It's blowing a fair ol squall here as well knocker . Rain lashing against the window . Great fun ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Either I'm being infested with white flies or it's very fine snow blowing around here! Very sleety too ???

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Don't think anything that falls here tonight will be snow since it's still 7.3°C. Not that I was expecting any tonight.

Posted

Friday is my birthday and what a treat that would be... :D

Screenshot_20180115-212037.thumb.png.5a8cf40477eb0c39a95f2a799c7e48cb.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Now a snow signal here for Friday morning. Already lining up an excuse to come in late Wednesday (Will be plenty of snow up on the moor) but twice in a week coming late in might be suspect!!

Posted
54 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Don't think anything that falls here tonight will be snow since it's still 7.3°C. Not that I was expecting any tonight.

The only thing that’s going  to fall here tonight is gonna be my eyelids...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

My bad!! ?? Haven't seen the temps this evening and was looking out the window! 

Would appear my gutter is leaking, dripping onto my outside light and splashing. Which in turn looks like very fine flakes mixed with wet snow!! 

What an idiot ?

Edited by Ashme
Swearing

Posted

Would appear my gutter is leaking, dripping onto my outside light and splashing. Which in turn looks like very fine flakes mixed with wet snow!! 

What an idiot ?

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ashme said:

What an idiot ?

We have all been there :rofl:

I remember looking for of it starting to transition and then id catch a 'heavy' rain drop in corner of eye only to realise after a while it was just dripping off phone line. :sorry:

• Like 2

Posted

Some people in the Mod Thread talk in complete riddles.... perhaps I’m just extremely thick... but what happened to calling a spade a spade, rather than making it sound like a Novel :nea: 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Some people in the Mod Thread talk in complete riddles.... perhaps I’m just extremely thick... but what happened to calling a spade a spade, rather than making it sound like a Novel :nea: 

Sorry karlos but your change of picture is completely thrown me I keep thinking who is the dog... must be a new member :crazy:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
12 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Sorry karlos but your change of picture is completely thrown me I keep thinking who is the dog... must be a new member :crazy:

Lol I thought it might, that’s why I did it, just to mess with your heads :rofl:

i was hoping it might change our fortunes ? ❄️ my late GSD, he never let me down so hopefully Charlie brings us some luck 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
21 minutes ago, Nights King said:

14 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Lol I thought it might, that’s why I did it, just to mess with your heads :rofl:

i was hoping it might change our fortunes ? ❄️ my late GSD, he never let me down so hopefully Charlie brings us some luck 

I’m still used to seeing you as Richard Angwin NK!

• Like 2

Posted

Other half not long been in,drove through very heavy white precipitation,can only assume soft hail as im sure its not cold enough to be snow. Other regions expected to see snow reporting it starting to one degree or another.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

wait.. what? 

@Nights King You're Richard Angwin??

Nooooo ??? his profile pic used to be though ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, khodds said:

Nooooo ??? his profile pic used to be though ???

Ohhhh I see now! That completely threw me! LOL

Couple of 18Z's

viewimage.thumb.png.0c02c8ef6c80c9845f96a3dec50f317f.png viewimage2.thumb.png.28449e022486c688000a0f78c8d28a27.png

Remember, the cold upper air hasn't filtered down to use yet - currently -2 to -3 uppers across the region.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Ohhhh I see now! That completely threw me! LOL

Couple of 18Z's

viewimage.thumb.png.0c02c8ef6c80c9845f96a3dec50f317f.png viewimage2.thumb.png.28449e022486c688000a0f78c8d28a27.png

Remember, the cold upper air hasn't filtered down to use yet - currently -2 to -3 upper across the region.

I guessed they hadn't got here yet since it's still 7.1³C here. Warm compared to what I've been reading in the threads further north. 

Posted

Yes about 6c here too, last time I checked. Been chucking it down with rain too.

so what’s changed with the latest thinking this week then? Seems an air of positivity in the MAD thread? I’ve been madly busy today so not had a chance to follow it all