Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Bit quieter in the MAD thread this evening. Oh well...

So rather than potential cold spell the models were showing only yesterday we’ve now got a watered down cooler spell followed by a storm and back to boring westerlies if the models are right today. Standard... :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Still 95% chance in snow row gfs ensembles for Wednesday morning @khodds there’s still hope lol :rofl: 

05A93CE2-4C11-4915-B37F-224609599DA2.thumb.jpeg.18c1cfe0e71a2e418a23cb4ea23a1d5a.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Still 95% chance in snow row gfs ensembles for Wednesday morning @khodds there’s still hope lol :rofl: 

100% here then in the high 70's two days later. :hi:.......not that it means anything

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

05A93CE2-4C11-4915-B37F-224609599DA2.thumb.jpeg.18c1cfe0e71a2e418a23cb4ea23a1d5a.jpeg

Is that vaguely similar to hope that Arsenal might win @  Vitality Stadium? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Better to stay in here I think. The mood suddenly seems more positive than the MAD thread. If only my post above was hidden away on the last page we could’ve just pretended everything looked good. :yahoo:

Posted
8 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Bit quieter in the MAD thread this evening. Oh well...

So rather than potential cold spell the models were showing only yesterday we’ve now got a watered down cooler spell followed by a storm and back to boring westerlies if the models are right today. Standard... :wallbash:

It was only the MAD thread that thought anything different..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still slightly confused. Max here today was 5.5 degrees....yet, only yesterday, the forecast on the beeb was for colder conditions. they're giving 6 s, 7 s and 10 s for the coming week. They even seem to be  avoiding the words 'cold' or 'colder' now.  Go figure that out.

Posted
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Better to stay in here I think. The mood suddenly seems more positive than the MAD thread. If only my post above was hidden away on the last page we could’ve just pretended everything looked good. :yahoo:

We are for intense and purpose, a very knowledgeable and accepting bunch down here, we understand the realities of the weather, that one reason I STAY IN ERE AND AWAY FROM THE MAD thread. We have some really knowledgeable folks in here, and more to point realistic..

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Somersetwatcher said:

Still slightly confused. Max here today was 5.5 degrees....yet, only yesterday, the forecast on the beeb was for colder conditions. they're giving 6 s, 7 s and 10 s for the coming week. They even seem to be  avoiding the words 'cold' or 'colder' now.  Go figure that out.

Sucked in by the MAD promising COLD & "S" , as the direction evolved  into a westerly not a NW, business as usual, resume..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

And the ECM takes that storm even further north. At this rate it’ll just be a light breeeze for us down here. 

Posted

The tougher that folk have it, the nicer they are. :)

60 odd miles an hour winds could do some damage around here. Those evergreen trees will cop it, and we've some lovely one's around town.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Nope. I don’t believe it.  :nonono:

Posted

Getting my snow fix through the TV now on BBC2. Yellowstone, what a place 

Posted
4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Getting my snow fix through the TV now on BBC2. Yellowstone, what a place 

I got mine watching Countryfile in awe at how much snow fell at Adam Henson's farm in upland Gloucestershire! It really brought home how close we were to a memorable December for the whole region.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I got mine watching Countryfile in awe at how much snow fell at Adam Henson's farm in upland Gloucestershire! It really brought home how close we were to a memorable December for the whole region.

Yes I watched that, soooo Close :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Its times like these I wish I had a different hobbie.. weeks become meh... maybe I should do something less painful like train spotting but then they never arrive on time either :wallbash:

Mapantz you can keep your darn wind im sick of wind this season :nonono:

Edited by Nights King
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Hope the low system doesn't move any further North as it would be nice to get the winds that the models are showing now as it would be perfect with it being not too strong and not too light. Earlier model runs would have probably been a bit too strong for my liking and cause some damage.

50-55mph gusts for mainland stations usually gives us winds in the fun blowy 32-46mph range. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

I too enjoy a good gale - so long as people aren't injured . 

I have been looking at wind meters to go alongside my other little measuring station . 

Current temp is 4.5 C and humidity 86% .

it seems to be accurate . 

Can't believe it's Monday tomorrow as this weekend has seemed to zoom by. 

Havent ventured into the MOd thread . Dot think I'm missing anything . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I sense some hope in mod thread... pub run could be the nail in the coffin or indeed the defibrillator we all desperately need :D

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I sense some hope in mod thread... pub run could be the nail in the coffin or indeed the defibrillator we all desperately need :D

How many times has that been the case this winter? :laugh:

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I think they are  hallucinating, I can't see any shift south on the Icon... :nea:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Its times like these I wish I had a different hobbie.. weeks become meh... maybe I should do something less painful like train spotting but then they never arrive on time either :wallbash:

Mapantz you can keep your darn wind im sick of wind this season :nonono:

I gamble. Busy gambling. Making money ... Need to save up for me barbecue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

In the MOD thread they're saying the low keeps tracking further South on each run! How bad would the winds be if it was, say 100miles further South?

Posted
1 minute ago, Ashme said:

In the MOD thread they're saying the low keeps tracking further South on each run! How bad would the winds be if it was, say 100miles further South?

Unlikely it'll get that far south but if it did it would be considerably weaker than further north.

• Like 1