Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, Ashme said:

Thanks @fromey,

Not being able to read the charts all that well and listening to all the comments on there really does mess with your head?. 

There’s always some fairly aggressive hopecasting in there. Years of let downs make us a little more suspicious of any impending cold spell. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I’m not that good at reading the charts but I find it interesting reading the thread, especially at this time of year. You just need to know who’s posts are worth reading and not bother with the rest. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
15 minutes ago, Ashme said:

Been lurking in the mad thread lately and although next week looks wet and v. windy for us, what do you guys think we'll get next wknd? Can't help but feel we're in for something special! Possibly dangerous. As much as I want snow.......... I need to work

Has to be pretty severe to stop travel though and i don't see anything near as good as 09 or 10! Only ever got stuck twice driving home on Mendip. 

Once on A37 outside village where i just walked the last 3 miles and then once on the hill up to house where i tried to be brave and make it to the top in 2009. I got 3/4 the way to the top then got stuck, went into a backwards then sideways slide down. managed to stop car just on the edge of a shear drop which was quite scary so I don't bother trying if its bad now. :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I've been brave and hopped into the mad thread....from what I can gather the mega low with stupid high winds is expected to be less windy and further south by the time it actually lands. Snow (or at least proper snow with a chance of settling) is supposed to be on the northern flank of the low, meaning we're going to be too warm and can expect rain - quell surprise! However, and it may be entirely wishful thinking on my part, I'm not totally convinced we'll miss out. Remember the snowmageddon we were supposed to get a few years ago, the one that missed us because it slipped south into the channel isles? If this one corrects south as much as that one did, we'll be in with a good chance of being in the sweet spot :-) Hands up all who want to pinch snow at the last minute :diablo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, jethro said:

I've been brave and hopped into the mad thread....from what I can gather the mega low with stupid high winds is expected to be less windy and further south by the time it actually lands. Snow (or at least proper snow with a chance of settling) is supposed to be on the northern flank of the low, meaning we're going to be too warm and can expect rain - quell surprise! However, and it may be entirely wishful thinking on my part, I'm not totally convinced we'll miss out. Remember the snowmageddon we were supposed to get a few years ago, the one that missed us because it slipped south into the channel isles? If this one corrects south as much as that one did, we'll be in with a good chance of being in the sweet spot :-) Hands up all who want to pinch snow at the last minute :diablo:

ME. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, the storm fisherman said:

all in the south just below the M4 corridor

Now that would be justice!

I'd pay to hear a weather presenter just once say snow south of the M4 :crazy:

• Like 2

Posted

Need it positioned just right. Not too close to the coast so no mild air gets involved but not too far south that it misses some of us, not asking too much is it? :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, jethro said:

That would be amazing, and I would make it my duty to ensure all regionals, mainly North West, know about it :D mwah ha ha haaaa

Posted
Just now, karlos1983 said:

That would be amazing, and I would make it my duty to ensure all regionals, mainly North West, know about it :D mwah ha ha haaaa

Get the popcorn ready ? 

Posted

If you can’t beat them join them :pardon:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

If you can’t beat them join them :pardon:

What are you up to now Karlos?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Very unusual setup coming this week, very cold Westerlies which some lucky few will see snow from.

Wet and windy for me on the coast, but might see the odd snow flake in heavier bursts.

Hopefully the cold stays locked in and we can all see snow at some point over the next two weeks.

Posted

What’s going on with the MAD thread? Mood swings galore this evening. :fool:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

All it took was one post and they’ve all turned on themselves  :rofl:

Posted
7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I think someone shed tears when they were informed the snow depth charts might not be wholly accurate. :closedeyes:

Posted

It will feel cold next week that’s for sure, which is as useful as feeling hot on a cloudy day at the beach in summer! Pants!

Posted
16 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Somebody in the NW realised they were going to get the same as folks in the SW, what.....OMG meltdown...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

The irony about this forthcoming cold weather is that since Wednesday the snow risk has inched southwards all the  time.

Still as few days to go, but a WNW or anything like that and it'll get modelled to the south further.

Posted

I have made some corrections to that weather warning that was posted i'm sure you will agree with the revisions :D:rofl:

5a5a619b06652_snowmap.thumb.jpeg.a300330339df600cb7df8f15279f1bac.jpeg

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

I have made some corrections to that weather warning that was posted i'm sure you will agree with the revisions :D:rofl:

5a5a619b06652_snowmap.thumb.jpeg.a300330339df600cb7df8f15279f1bac.jpeg

Karlos likes this :cray:

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Karlos likes this :cray:

Okay maybe minus the mendip blob :sorry: