Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
3 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Finally Wunderground seem to have sorted their s** t out, reporting properly now.

Potential for some pretty stormy conditions later next week! Want everything reporting correctly:diablo:

I ve seen the charts too Karlos , but is this typical of the chart itself  several days before the event ? Producing a deeper picture then moderates ? It does seem very deep  . 

Well as for today , overcast, breezy , chilly . I'm working out the best place for my weather station . I think I've chosen the right spot. 

Oh btw, Last night I heard an owl and was fortunate to see it fly out and along a row of houses . That was rather a treat considering I couldn't sleep. The there was a screech of a different kind - I think it caught it's supper ! 

Posted

Well this coming week will certainly top the rainfall figures up for the month looking at the various charts and forecasts. Interesting to see a yearly deficit of 4.6mm

sn03862_30.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Screenshot_20180113-112325.thumb.png.ed44f822fa8486e7c64797f160f9bfc9.pngScreenshot_20180113-112314.thumb.png.a5bcfc2f1476425700121350de6a1b07.pngScreenshot_20180113-112303.thumb.png.08c1f7180930f763aedd5d724c0e4bdb.pngScreenshot_20180113-112246.thumb.png.7fa7f4665e27609155bf9be3c86ef2f1.png

Tuesday - friday... not a chance :rofl:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Just got email confirmation lol

973BEF6D-9560-47EB-A583-F06006AFB5C1.thumb.png.8957da969ed9d509937e4ded06b007f3.png

The way I read that is the code writer from 1994 retired years ago and they put off a code change for so long it’s finally bit them in the weeble and have had to do a re-write :rofl:

WU is still crocked for me. I have tons of data points missing from the past few days. The data today is showing inconsistent increments of between 8 and 30 minutes, when it should be every 5 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Storm watch on here on Wednesday night then. Can't really play though as the wind meter here is crocked. I'll Just be spotting bins slates trampolines and roofs going up the road as an indication what's going on.?

Posted

Been outside tidying things and fixing things down, and a quick repair on a fence panel in readiness. If it get's blown away ah well it made it through 25years so I cant complain..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well unlike today and most of the week so far, next week looks anything but boring. If we can’t have snow a good storm isn’t a bad alternative, although I’d still prefer snow. 

Nothing much to say about today other than dull and cool. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Dropped my blinking Kestrel and the fan broke, replacement on its way, let’s hope it arrives by Wednesday morning ?

Posted
19 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Dropped my blinking Kestrel and the fan broke, replacement on its way, let’s hope it arrives by Wednesday morning ?

You have a fan aspirated Kestrel, does it fly in all weathers?

Posted
55 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

This weather is dross, what happened to winters of old, when days were cold and sunny, better than this pap!

It's a million times better than if that front had been 100-150 miles further East! (Sorry Knocker!!)

Posted
7 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

It's a million times better than if that front had been 100-150 miles further East! (Sorry Knocker!!)

Cant argue that one....

Posted

I've been looking at the online forecast for here quite closely for the last few days.. if you do go by it, it doesn't look like a bad week. Temperature maximums are progged to be higher than last week and not much in the way of rain. It'll just be windy!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've been looking at the online forecast for here quite closely for the last few days.. if you do go by it, it doesn't look like a bad week. Temperature maximums are progged to be higher than last week and not much in the way of rain. It'll just be windy!

Aha, that sounds like a NW westerly winter then...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Aha, that sounds like a NW westerly winter then...

It's funny you should say that, a NW wind isn't even in the forecast until late on Friday. It's all Westerlies, or West-Southwest. That's why it doesn't look particularly cold down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Just perusing the mad thread, not looking to bad at the moment, still not expecting much, if anything ,you never know.

im hoping the ECM has toned down the hurricane it was forecasting.

fromey

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, fromey said:

Just perusing the mad thread, not looking to bad at the moment, still not expecting much, if anything ,you never know.

im hoping the ECM has toned down the hurricane it was forecasting.

fromey

Yes and of course any snow that might have fallen will certainly vanish fast with the mild blip that if it does indeed fall to start with.

When will we ever get a slider or channel low hit west country again it feels like its been donkeys years! ;)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Nights King said:

Yes and of course any snow that might have fallen will certainly vanish fast with the mild blip that if it does indeed fall to start with.

When will we ever get a slider or channel low hit west country again it feels like its been donkeys years! ;)

God yes a channel low!!! Just this once! 

The milder phase hopefully is being toned down and if the low goes further south there won’t be one at all, but you know our luck it will be 15c while the rest of the country freezes and has blizzards 

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Been lurking in the mad thread lately and although next week looks wet and v. windy for us, what do you guys think we'll get next wknd? Can't help but feel we're in for something special! Possibly dangerous. As much as I want snow.......... I need to work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So what's the bet I'll be able to replicate this image using my car with all the snow that's gonna fall during this week then. Place  your bets (I'm guessing I have a 0.01% chance, that's better than none at all in my book lol) 

714dbf7bea4dbf4acecd8914bf4265cf.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Ashme said:

Been lurking in the mad thread lately and although next week looks wet and v. windy for us, what do you guys think we'll get next wknd? Can't help but feel we're in for something special! Possibly dangerous. As much as I want snow.......... I need to work

Hi.

nothing is set yet, the low incoming has been toned down by the GFS and the Met didn’t make to much of it! Hope the ECM follows suit, I must admit it’s looking intriguing the further we go into January.

but please don’t get sucked into all the hype over on the mad thread, if you need some sanity this forum is the place to be.

fromey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Thanks @fromey,

Not being able to read the charts all that well and listening to all the comments on there really does mess with your head?. 

• Like 2