Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I feel quite lucky I've seen a snow flake before Christmas, but what's been driving me mad is the minute snow shows up for up north the mad thread goes into meltdown then on the other hand if snow somehow shows up for us lot down here they all start chucking their dummies rattles and nappies out the pram . It drives me potty . I keep saying to myself I will stay away from the mad thread which last all of an hour before I have to go in and read through what's being said . I know I do it to myself every time. OK rant over back to having a giggle at what you guys are saying.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

It's a bit like watching "Miracle on 34th Street", you know the story, you the characters, and you certainly know the outcome....no miracle...but is there a twist.....:unknw:

Yes. A twist of the knife every time it snows north of the M4 :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Temperature still steadily rising as it's been doing all day, now up to 8.9°C with the rain not far away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just as @Mapantz and @Dorsetbred said, the rains breaking up. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

The rain is lashing down here at the moment , which was quite fun . 

Very dark and glooomy today in all sorts of ways . As I was driving to Exeter this afternoon  the temperature rose and by 5.30 it was 9C . 

Posted

Mornin' All, currently 3.1°C and a clear night sky with Jupiter sat next t' moon. Some mist rolling off the heath this morning after last nights rainfall, which amounted to hardly anything, less than 1mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Ah! A glimmer of sky and it already seems brighter today than previous days! Lovely misty morning 4.5c

Although the mendips still look shrouded in gloom from my window ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, it's not a clear sky here but there are breaks in the cloud and I can see bits of blue :-) However, it's not misty or murky so the cloud base must have lifted, that's akin to a minor miracle around these parts. Hopefully it'll clear as the day wears on but it's already a vast improvement on the last few days :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

OMG I can see the sun!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Met Office Exeter Work Experience week is 16-20 July 2018. The work experience placements are on offer to school age young people in years 10 – 12 (typically aged 14 – 17) only. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/careers/current-vacancies 

Posted
1 minute ago, Jo Farrow said:

Met Office Exeter Work Experience week is 16-20 July 2018. The work experience placements are on offer to school age young people in years 10 – 12 (typically aged 14 – 17) only. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/careers/current-vacancies 

Well that covers about half the MAD thread then, .....I'll get my coat:hi:

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jo Farrow said:

What a great opportunity... I had 2 weeks clearing out and painting the inside of a boat on Northam Quay in Southampton.

We got a Rugby shirt at the end of it. :mellow:

Posted

Different start to the day to the last few days. That yellow thing in the sky has appeared again ☀️ 

Yellow warning for fog just been issued for overnight and into tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Nice to see the sun with a few scattered clouds, not that we shall see anything other than the fog on Thursday. 7.0c. Humidity 93%rh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A very foggy commute this morning, it's still foggy here in Gloucester but feeling milder than of late.

Posted

Cracking morning but come over a bit cloudy of late with Ci and small Cu. Arh, just had a look at the Dundee sat. and we are right on the edge of the cloud from the system to the west at 1300

ch38.thumb.jpg.87d9b62a6a20773fcc68ca5d3a70b969.jpg

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hope Knocker’s animal friend remembered to stock up on nuts. That lucky squirrel

E142441C-438F-4CD2-A592-4E4815650828.thumb.png.231feada37d2591e369683b9deefba1c.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Cracking morning but come over a bit cloudy of late with Ci and small Cu. Arh, just had a look at the Dundee sat. and we are right on the edge of the cloud from the system to the west at 1300

ch38.thumb.jpg.87d9b62a6a20773fcc68ca5d3a70b969.jpg

Lovely satellite shot there knocker!

Much better day today. Up to 8C, no wind with almost unbroken sunshine. Shame I've been cooped up working on a dissertation for most of it.

Posted

First park visit of 2018 for me and my boy, now home playing in the garden. Well he's playing and pottering around and I'm squeezed into the one available sunny corner sat on a chair drinking tea!! 

Posted

Hope you’ve all enjoyed the nicer weather. Meanwhile I’ve been in bed all day. :bad:

Sunny all day for a change and just about reached double figures earlier with a high of 10.1°C.