Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

@karlos1983 having a good time in the MAD thread? :rofl:

Just been out for a walk and that wind is biting although it didn’t feel that cold when out of the wind. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
35 minutes ago, matt111 said:

@karlos1983 having a good time in the MAD thread? :rofl:

Just been out for a walk and that wind is biting although it didn’t feel that cold when out of the wind. 

The mind boggles!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Aaaarrrgghhh!! Why are people posting charts from over a week away in the MAD thread?! It’s so flipping irritating ????

all im seeing today is shorts from 15/16th Jan.. Why?!

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted

Max 4.9 today, Yatton N.Somerset.

Cold spell here for sure, light snow shower/s this morning giving a very very light dusting on roofs. Ground temps certainly dropping away.

Cold wind.

Posted
34 minutes ago, khodds said:

Aaaarrrgghhh!! Why are people posting charts from over a week away in the MAD thread?! It’s so flipping irritating ????

all im seeing today is shorts from 15/16th Jan.. Why?!

Whoa, must be time to visit the pub in Priddy!  That's what they do in that thread up to 240hours, their beliefs, their insight, their wisdom to share to one and all, is free for anybody prepared to go instantly insane (present thread visitors excluded from my comment!)/ I've seen this years and years of this and it happens without fail every year. A better place to be is the short term thread, much nicer place, chillin and Knocker adds his great views of the short term. I know you know all of but I sense your frustration. Time for the pub (and not the pub run...), just think it'll all change tomorrow...

PS, does anybody like Branston Baked beans - reduced sugar and  salt, they have just ruined a homemade sausage plait so they are likely to end up in the bin...yuk :bad:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chevron12345 said:

Max 4.9 today, Yatton N.Somerset.

Cold spell here for sure, light snow shower/s this morning giving a very very light dusting on roofs. Ground temps certainly dropping away.

Cold wind.

Welcome to the best thread in town, apart from the fact you mentioned the "S" word, which for us southerners is red rag to the bull material. Anyway enjoy being with a friendly bunch of weather like minds..

• Like 1

Posted

In April to October a weak warm front from the South would be welcome as it gently ushers in warmer/thundery potential.

However tonight/tomorrow it's 99% unwelcome as all it will do is bring gloom, slowly increasing temperatures replacing today's near perfect winter set up and patchy drizzle. The other 1% is the slimmest chance of snow grains rather than drizzle.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

In April to October a weak warm front from the South would be welcome as it gently ushers in warmer/thundery potential.

However tonight/tomorrow it's 99% unwelcome as all it will do is bring gloom, slowly increasing temperatures replacing today's near perfect winter set up and patchy drizzle. The other 1% is the slimmest chance of snow grains rather than drizzle.

That's got to be the slimmest 1% I have ever seen...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Wonder how low it’ll go before the cloud arrives. Probably not that low here but further north could get a few degrees below freezing if the cloud holds off long enough. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

No frost or ice this morning. Windy, gusting to 31mph. Chilly, but nothing extraordinary.

20180107_153038.thumb.jpg.d57c1530ba4a879678366b3aa409b682.jpg

Agree with that sentiment.....2.5 degree min here near Glasto last night.....its cold but really not worthy of being called a 'cold snap' .it is january after all.

I think too many of the guys in the MAD thead seem to imply the various models in some way determine the outcome. Then whip everyone up into a frenzy over conjecture....me included at times I admit.....lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/frost/gales

i think we may have half a chance of dusting in the morning looking at the radar.you never know.ha

Posted

Currently 1C here with dew point -2. Perfect for snow (not looked at the uppers) but there's no precipitation in the foreseeable hours. Overnight frost almost guaranteed here.

Posted

Evening all, been watching closely all week. Off to Poland for 5 day’s on thursday and was worried I was going to miss much at home but that doesn’t seem the case anymore though ? although hoping I get to see some proper winter weather in krakow as it’s seems to be really similar there at the minute to here!

Posted

That's it easterlies over, 18z said so. Cold zonal rainfest instead. :rofl:

Down to 2.1°C now but frost looking unlikely here with the expected cloud cover later in the night. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
9 hours ago, westysweather said:

Evening all, been watching closely all week. Off to Poland for 5 day’s on thursday and was worried I was going to miss much at home but that doesn’t seem the case anymore though ? although hoping I get to see some proper winter weather in krakow as it’s seems to be really similar there at the minute to here!

If you want to see rain stick around, that's as good as it'll get, enjoy....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Dull and uninspiring is the ‘buzz’ word around here this morning. Grey, overcast and just 1.3C.

F49078B9-7927-41C4-8044-46CD045D2821.jpeg 45F970F2-509F-434B-9946-FDDB5C9136AC.jpeg

Edited by Gibby

Posted

Extensive stratus cloud cover here today, yesterdays sunshine already being missed.

Temperatures rose 2c overnight as the weak warm front moved through

Cold surface temperatures remaining though, currently 3.7c.

Posted

Didn’t drop don’t lower than the 2.1°C I posted last night. 

Cloudy and cold now. 3.9°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

temp 2.0c dew -0.4c 

somthing blowing around in the wind, could be some grains of snow but hard to tell 

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Temperatures really struggling today and very dingy outside. Currently tying with December 11th as the coldest maximum of the winter as it has only made it to 02.4C so far.

Edited by MP-R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp of 4.3 °C today. It also looks like being the dullest day I have recorded since owning this station. A solar high of  just 43 W/m²

SolarDay.thumb.png.ded649d6ef277375e2afb3173ec3cedb.png 2018-01-08.png.07a615a2ed8823d7c4ee53e050ff5baf.png