Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
19 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's like a summer thunderstorm is moving in..

20180105_151206.thumb.jpg.6c100ee173123f95f41d66dedba6f7cf.jpg 

20180105_151150.thumb.jpg.930704725795047be801faf382254b1e.jpg

Similar here. 

C6D1F4BC-398A-44EE-BE7F-06F970A9EC3D.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Not too bad today. A few showers earlier but dry currently Light winds and colder at 5C.

33BE0AD7-CF3E-49E7-84AC-F25B6A2BCFAA.jpeg 2A7F2720-8FD8-4CAF-AC1D-B0D477F39220.jpeg

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Had a bit of a senile moment.....

No one tells you the downside of having an Aga is the cooking smells go straight up the flue instead of filling your kitchen, great if you're cooking fish or cabbage, not so great if you're baking. Came home from work hungry, couldn't find the bread that hubby had so lovingly made last night....realisation gradually dawned....it was still in the oven that I'd put it in nearly 24 hrs ago. Oops! I know we're building our own house this year, just didn't think we'd be doing it one brick at a time. It did fill the tin before intense, long term dehydration shrank it.

DSC01827.JPG

DSC01826.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

NICE BIG FAT cell over us, with mammatus being generated before it arrives...

I can see it from here. Looks very dark to the west. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Had a bit of a senile moment.....

No one tells you the downside of having an Aga is the cooking smells go straight up the flue instead of filling your kitchen, great if you're cooking fish or cabbage, not so great if you're baking. Came home from work hungry, couldn't find the bread that hubby had so lovingly made last night....realisation gradually dawned....it was still in the oven that I'd put it in nearly 24 hrs ago. Oops! I know we're building our own house this year, just didn't think we'd be doing it one brick at a time. It did fill the tin before intense, long term dehydration shrank it.

DSC01827.JPG

DSC01826.JPG

Jethor, if you are going to use these as bricks, can I suggest that you change the "H" to a "B", so the brick at least says BOVIS...

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Jethor, if you are going to use these as bricks, can I suggest that you change the "H" to a "B", so the brick at least says BOVIS...

Very good. Thanks for the laugh!

Posted

A day spent preparing a football pitch. Jolly good. Marked out the white lines & then it poured down around 4. Early start tomorrow to do it all again. Winters now are just a blend of autumn into spring. Dorset is great in summer, but just a soggy pile of damp in winter these days. I recall the frosty windows, snow on the ground, a dodgy drive to Dorchester ending up in a snowfest & powercut & a candlelit evening in The Antelope. Shows my age & how long ago it was. I'm not sure anymore, whether to get excited at the prospect of winter snow, or just get despondent in November & realise , by April, that I was right. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Teetering just above freezing here. Been at 0.2 to 0.4 for the last couple of hours. Tonight might be the best chance of getting below freezing as the wind is due to pick up tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beeb already mentioning it turning milder next week lol. Need to get cold first!

Posted
27 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Beeb already mentioning it turning milder next week lol. Need to get cold first!

4.7C here, Cooler than the last few days but certainly not cold. I figure milder means that double figure mush...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

0.8c here and icy ❄️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Met office had a weather warning out for ice forming overnight in the south west . 

• Like 1

Posted

Frosty here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Just above zero , lovely frost, with the met o extending the time of the weather warning for ice . 

Hoping to go out for a winters morning walk a bit later on . I'd like to use my camera and take some frosty pictures on them there 'ills   and see what develops ! :D:cold:    I'll get my coat ...

Posted

Well another crazy chase for cold in the MOD thread.

Considering this Monday/Tuesday was meant to be 'it', folk are now back out to posting T168 charts that'll never happen.

I'm sure i have seen charts posted for 19 January - really!!

• Like 1

Posted

Considering this Monday/Tuesday was meant to be 'it', folk are now back out to posting T168 charts that'll never happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
22 minutes ago, Snow shut work said:

Absoloutely , some of them are a pathetic lot....!