Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Carinthian's update is the ultimate tease in the Mod thread for our region following his chats with weather service providers out his way. We can but only dream!! Here's a snippet 

" Beyond that a threat of snow or breakdown increases especially in the south."

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

" Beyond that a threat of snow or breakdown increases especially in the south, just slightly above the M4"

I've appropriately amended it for you. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Quite a few charts show it missing here and going in to France. The MetO shows nothing for here, so they must be thinking the same thing.

Thank you for explaining.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Missed all of the showers this afternoon with all of them either just missing or breaking up before reaching here. Much calmer now than last night. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

" Beyond that a threat of snow or breakdown increases especially in the south, just slightly above the M4" :rofl:

And so it continues....

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

What a difference a day makes.... Yesterday we had Karlos preparing to tackle the wild weather, tonight we have Karlos (and S4lancia) stoking the wild fire in the MAD thread....(figuratively speaking of course). Good to see you keeping them on track Karlos..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

@Mapantz, you must have picked up both highest and peak gust last night since you started, didn't you? It seems as though the incursion @ around 03:10 was fairly wild, I am happy to report my dustbin and it's contents were still standing this morning after I put it out at 01:30:yahoo:

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

@Mapantz, you must have picked up both highest and peak gust last night since you started, didn't you? It seems as though the incursion @ around 03:10 was fairly wild, I am happy to report my dustbin and it's contents were still standing this morning after I put it out at 01:30:yahoo:

Yes, 53mph recorded at my station. I'm sure it was higher in other spots around me, but there's too many obstacles in the path, so I will lose some speed in the readings. Nonetheless, very impressive. Both wind speed and wind gust went yesterday.

I wished I had the anemometer up there during the 2013/14 Winter - would've loved to have seen the readings from them, particularly the Valentines storm. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Not sure what the big fuss is about the upcoming cold spell. I had big hopes when seeing the models evolve and the hype in the mad thread makes you think it will be snow o'clock. But looking at the 10 day outlook for here apart from a couple of days of 2 or 3cs over the weekend  it' generally 5 or 6c with no frosts. Slightly underwhelming at the moment!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

https://www.facebook.com/FarmersGuardian/videos/10156097275074306/

this is my kind of dog!! Saw this and thought of you lot ??

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Love it, khodds!  Having had three Border Collies in the past, nothing they do like that surprises me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
14 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Love it, khodds!  Having had three Border Collies in the past, nothing they do like that surprises me.

They are such intelligent dogs! My spaniel wouldn’t even contemplate it - he is a big wuss!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

According to the net weather map the rain has gone through , but I have seen s weather warning from the met o saying that the wind will be gusting to impressive figures again throughout the day , although not as severe as yesterday . 

So windy for the south west this morning slowly easing as the they cross the country . 

• Like 1

Posted

Ah, how refreshing it's another wet and windy start to the day. Even my dogs seem resigned to the fact they have to go out in the morning and get blown around and soaked...(twas 05:30). Mind you the temps are well up again @ 12C, I bet the likes of SSE are praying for some cold..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another windy start, various objects having re migrated around the patio again. Becoming a bit of a nuisance now. Looking forward to the weekend change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Hit 11.8c this morning, not sure we'll see double figures for another week!

Still on for a cold weekend but then a gradual recovery of temperatures is forecast.

Reading in other forums (I know I must stop that habit) there is talk of a potential snow event next week battle ground scenario and all but but but but.............

from the M**** northwards. 

In the short term though its going to feel cold this weekend!

Posted

Not particularly windy here, just a mod breeze.

Temp: 12.3°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 8.9°C - Rain: 4.4mm - Bar: 994.07hPa - Wind: WSW ~ W @ 15mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

8.8c. Humidity 72% rh. DP 4.8c. Precipitation o.6mm. Pressure 976.1 hPa. S.W Breeze 18- 30 mph. raining.  

Posted
27 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The wind has finally increased. Gusting to 43mph.

Yep. Increased enough for our windscreen replacement man to get the new screen out, tut a lot, put it back in the van and drive off.

Max gust of 33mph so far.

image.thumb.png.97706fdc13cf48f6ea49a5ccd786bb3e.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The winds certainly picked up in the last hour or so. Quite gusty out there now.