Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted

Looks like we have had some snow that has laid on the grass. I can also hear rain so must be sleety now.Shouldnt be disappointed for the South but I am.Bleeding rubbish wanted my little girlie to be able to play in it now it looks a race with mother nature.

Posted
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL
  • Location: Atherfield, 0.8 km from SW coast, Isle of Wight, 35m ASL

Raining on the SW coast of the IOW.  Very occcasional wet flake mixed in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Big wet snowflakes here laying on everything, road covered with about a cm on walls, cars, lovely to see snow coming down with the Xmas lights on ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Snowing in shanklin on the Isle of Wight! Getting heavier! But far too wet to lay. Nice to watch though ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)
Just now, iowpompeylee said:

Snowing in shanklin on the Isle of Wight! Getting heavier! But far too wet to lay. Nice to watch though ?

So nice to see especially as we are not much above sea level either so it's usually very marginal for us!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow
3 minutes ago, slb97 said:

So nice to see especially as we are not much above sea level either so it's usually very marginal for us!

I will take anything haha! That wind is so icy. Staggering the drop in temps in a few hours. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A covering in places here. Roads are fine. Pavements have either puddles or a covering of snow. Grass is white. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Sweet FA here! Rain and a lot of it, pretty windy too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Somehow seems to be mainly rain here despite snow reports south of me and on the IOW of all places.

Suspect it may have been snow an hour ago when radar returns were much heavier. Didn’t bother to get up for that as the street lights here are too pitiful to see anything by and I only have a weedy little torch to assist otherwise.

This system just needed to be a couple of hours later in timing and there could have been some nice falling snow to look at.

As it is, none is visible even on cars - the rain, though light, has washed any deposits away already.

The weather really has been a massive weeble to me this year except for briefly in the summer. At least it’s nearly over and done with now!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Somehow seems to be mainly rain here despite snow reports south of me and on the IOW of all places.

Suspect it may have been snow an hour ago when radar returns were much heavier. Didn’t bother to get up for that as the street lights here are too pitiful to see anything by and I only have a weedy little torch to assist otherwise.

This system just needed to be a couple of hours later in timing and there could have been some nice falling snow to look at.

As it is, none is visible even on cars - the rain, though light, has washed any deposits away already.

The weather really has been a massive weeble to me this year except for briefly in the summer. At least it’s nearly over and done with now!

There I was thinking it might be worth a drive to the New Forest, that’s saved me trip. All a bit pants really! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Pleased as punch. Amazeballs, it's been a long time coming.

Sitting at the pc last evening 6.5c, so said no way. Now I have lying snow and a few cm at that. Will have to check the diary to see when that last happened.

Others will have been damn unlucky in this region to at least have seen a few flakes.

Take care all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Woke up no snow on the gound here. Last night' blizzard seemingly a dream. Off out shortly up to Princetown to see what' about

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Woke up no snow on the gound here. Last night' blizzard seemingly a dream. Off out shortly up to Princetown to see what' about

That's why I was determined to stay awake and watch it falling last night. 

Posted

Fear not though :rofl:

Posted

At 06.00 I was hopeful of playing out in snow with my boy. At 08.00 it is disappointingly melting and mostly resembles ice!

Still, 2 snow events in December so a huge improvement on recent winters!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I've struck lucky! Travelled to Haslemere yesterday evening and have woken up to a whiteout!

DSC_0563.JPG

DSC_0567.JPG

Edited by Luke Best
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Fear not though :rofl:

If they have quoted Madden........?

Posted
20 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Still snowing here. Guessing it must be turning to rain on the back edge guessing by other comments.

Forthe meantime though, Portsdown Hill is looking more like a ski slope!

Still snowing with big flakes here too, bonus really but I’ll be going back to sleep when it stops! 

Posted

Woke up at 2 am to see if it was snowing but rain only so went back to warm bed however this morning first snow covering in 3 yrs 

Happy Christmas everyone 

20171227_075936.jpg

Posted
9 minutes ago, Luke Best said:

I've struck lucky! Travelled to Haslemere yesterday evening and have woken up to a whiteout!

DSC_0563.JPG

There is some impressive altitude around there - are you high up ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, Smartie said:

That's why I was determined to stay awake and watch it falling last night. 

Glad I saw it snowing last night, because if I didn't I would have missed it. Settled nicely and gave cars roofs and grass a covering, but it soon turned back to rain.

My rain total is still climbing, currently on 140.7mm, 18mm on Christmas day, 21mm boxing day & 14mm today.

Been a very wet three day's