Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Worth noting that Met Office only speak of sleet below 100 m - although whether this becomes void if precipitation is heavier, I'm not sure. It hasn't worked today until very briefly at the last minute (before it all cleared up) but the parameters look a tad more favourable tomorrow.

Posted

Been a fab white out day. Walked to the gym rather than risk the back roads and discovered most people had abandoned their cars en route.  Continued to snow  steadily all day and temp didnt climb above 0 so we've a total of 34mm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
31 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

hi chaps, any of you lot in the southampton/chandlers ford area? if so, is that snow on the radar?

or warm snow like i had earlier (lying radar!)

Just rain here Bobby, not had a single snowflake all day. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
16 minutes ago, chapmanslade said:

Why would he be 'optimistic' - he is only providing information based on his view of where things are at present. Unlike many of the armchair forecasters on here he is paid to be accurate, as literally lives can depend on it - so suggesting it is further north when it isn't would be a quick way to lose your job as a forecaster. This storm will have a big impact on the Channel and Northern France so it is important he gets it right.

Alright chill out, I’m allowed an opinion from my armchair thanks. It was just my opinion. Crikey. You don’t think it’s optimistic fair enough. Peace

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

12z EURO4 for tomorrow morning;

17121106_1012.thumb.gif.2fe5d88e5cf0b2a3890ae5cbe66ca4e2.gif 17121112_1012.thumb.gif.1615803a4e5eb11dbb1c38288240d867.gif

• Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

Just rain here Bobby, not had a single snowflake all day. 

Same here. Even if there were a few the local rain blobs would have leapt on em kicked the crap out of em as if to say "Bugger off back north your not settling in our manor"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Well i expected nowt and got nowt apart from a few sleet bits on my windscreen a bit earlier,but fantastic to see all the winter wonderland pics especially at this time of the year.

Would be nice to see a bit off settling snow tomorrow,but im not expecting any big surprises,would be great to see a proper countrywide snow event.

Plenty of winter left....:cold::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 minutes ago, AWD said:

12z EURO4 for tomorrow morning;

17121106_1012.thumb.gif.2fe5d88e5cf0b2a3890ae5cbe66ca4e2.gif 17121112_1012.thumb.gif.1615803a4e5eb11dbb1c38288240d867.gif

Hmm could be interesting, so the decaying front that is just to north of us over wales sinks and peps up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Arrived back to a few small flakes after dark, which was a small improvement on the wind and rain overnight and most of the day. Anyway, even that's an improvement on last year.. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

As others have said, not a single snowflake here and now that conditions look more favourable it's stopped raining. 

Posted

Settling was beginning to go well after dusk until the precipitation decided to die out!

Still it snowed for about 9 hours which hasn't happened for nearly 5 years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
12 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Hmm could be interesting, so the decaying front that is just to north of us over wales sinks and peps up?

Think that’s the low pressure way South West of us coming up from Northern France? Might be wrong.. hope it is, looks heavy at moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

A memorable day! 17 cm of lying snow over the course of 16 hours of continuous snowfall and is still in the air. :yahoo: Lots of snow constructions built and a snapped tendon in my finger when I slipped on our newly created toboggan run! :oops:......and no school for any of our kiddywinks tomorrow! 

Stay safe! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
39 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Worth noting that Met Office only speak of sleet below 100 m

I wonder what they speak of at 10m? Probably condensation?! connie_runner.gif

Posted

I thought I was on a winner watching the temperature go down, but it's on it's way back up again! A very strange weather day - gales, crazy pressure drops, snow, torrents of rain, all of those reports in a single region. :)

• Like 1

Posted

I remember some years ago, snow was not forecast here. It was only late evening when the latest hi res models came out it showed that we were in for Snow. It's often now casting in areas where snow is rare. We've had snow forecast and got nothing at all. It's not predictable in Dorset at all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I thought I was on a winner watching the temperature go down, but it's on it's way back up again! A very strange weather day - gales, crazy pressure drops, snow, torrents of rain, all of those reports in a single region. :)

Certainly been an interesting day! I bottomed out at 975.8mb, how about you?

temp a steady 1.7c here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It was the same in the se thread.

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Certainly been an interesting day! I bottomed out at 975.8mb, how about you?

temp a steady 1.7c here now

974.87 here.

It's funny isn't it.. the temperature is forecast to rise through the night/early morn, but then drop around 9am, making it colder during the day, than tonight. :D

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

27mm of rain... Imagine the... I won't go there :D

Temperature dropping after being steady for a while again, down to freezing point now. Preparing myself for an ice rink!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Warmest temperature today was 3.6C which was during the early hours! As for when the sun came out, temperatures have not gone over 2C which is quite extraordinary especially as bbc weather yesterday night had Cardiff forecast to reach 8C today with heavy rain. This has slowly backtracked throughout the day. It's been snowing on and off here with some accumulations on cars/grass etc 

IMG_1842.PNG