Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

this is not good.......I'm bursting for a pee, but as soon as I get up to go, the NW post notification pings with more replies in here so I have to sit back down and read what you're all posting................can you stop posting for 2 mins or I fear my bladder might explode! :ninja::help::crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
9 minutes ago, legritter said:

MORNING GANG ,i have not posted much lately ,recently lost my lovely wife of 38 yrs married .Up till about 10 minutes ago i was sat watching the pouring rain and watching the trees swirl in the wind ,hoping that it would turn to heavy snow HEY PRESTO its arrived , now this is much earlier than i expected . pretty heavy now ,for those who say it wont pitch i have seen many a snow fall pitch on wet ground over the years , no guarantee though .Radar looking impressive to our north and if the precipitation can carry on for several hours we could see a winter wonderland , great reading all your reports on this forum ,the snow currently is coming down in waves but likely that once the colder air takes a hold proper ,and gets rid of the warmer air just a little above our heads we could see i guess a good prolonged fall ,cheers all LEGRITTER .:cold::yahoo:

Sorry for your loss, I have some idea what you going through having watched my brother fight and eventually lose his battle with cancer last summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
4 minutes ago, AWD said:

Wet snow falling here now.  Not in a million years is it going to settle but nice to see it falling none the less.

Have faith! In the past I’ve seen 8 hours of heavy rain, followed by just an hour of backedge snow leave 2 inches on the ground. And as a kid I remember rain turning to snow leaving 6 inches. 

Edited by SilverWolf
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Temperature falling now; 4.3c and DP falling too 4c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Barometer still on stormy. Down to 2.4c. Dew Point 0.8c. Flakes in the rain. 

Posted
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

this is not good.......I'm bursting for a pee, but as soon as I get up to go, the NW post notification pings with more replies in here so I have to sit back down and read what you're all posting................can you stop posting for 2 mins or I fear my bladder might explode! :ninja::help::crazy:

ME TOO!!!!!And I need to change a nappy ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
23 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Feel the pain. What' worse I just walked to the Pub to collect the car with a hangover....doesnt open for another two hours! Windy mind on the open moor.

Shame, Dartmoor in the snow is a sight to behold. Royal Oak or Burrator?

Posted
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Sorry for your loss, I have some idea what you going through having watched my brother fight and eventually lose his battle with cancer last summer.

We  lost my father in law in March. Not looking forward to christmas. It's all to weird :-s Sorry for your loss too :(

Posted

Haven’t quoted your post @legritter but wanted to say sorry for your loss. Great to see you back on here (I’ve seen your occasional posts in the MAD thread) I love your positive posts on here. Sending you big hugs xx

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

ME TOO!!!!!And I need to change a nappy ...

That’s desperate if you’re wearing a nappy! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Temps shot up a degree here in the last 20 minutes. Currently 9.4 °C - pressure @ 975.11 hPa

Stop moaning and get hte barbecue on! I'm on the way round ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Snow is too sleety & wet to stick here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

been snowing moderately in cheltenham since 2am. Probably 1cm maybe 2cm in places.

Roads are ok where gritted currently.

Anywhere near the costworlds or outside of town is just impassable. Up the hills have about 3 to 4 inches!

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Ooooo, it's snowing ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Ooooo, it's snowing ;-)

YAY! Send me some!! 

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
5 hours ago, audiotech said:

Unlucky mate. It was a very light covering, talking a 1mm-2mm dusting or so. But yeah when snowless for so long just seeing something at all is nice.

Right now it appears to be sleeting, nearer the rain end of the sleet spectrum, and 1.1C. Off to sleep now, hopefully to wake up mid morning to a winter wonderland.

Well fortunately the tables had turned with snow falling by around 5:30am and it took until around 6:30am to neutralise the dampness of surfaces to start accumulating. Still going and forecast to continue for much of the day although not likely to be as heavy as the first three hours. :D

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
Just now, Lynxus said:

been snowing moderately in cheltenham since 2am. Probably 1cm maybe 2cm in places.

Roads are ok where gritted currently.

Anywhere near the costworlds or outside of town is just impassable. Up the hills have about 3 to 4 inches!

Not high up in Cotswolds (Rooksmoor, halfway between Stroud/Nailsworth in the valley), but there is couple inches here. Bisley/Cirencester and the commons must have loads more than me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

@legritter, my condolences, sad to hear of that. Glad to see you're enjoying some snow today :snowman-emoji:

To those surprised at snow settling after rain, in late Nov 2010 I witnessed heavy rain and 5*C change over to heavy snow and 0*C in the space of 10 minutes, with snow starting to build a continuous layer just half an hour after that.  Admittedly it was a bit heavier that day than I can see in the Bristol area now for example, but it offers some hope for those currently seeing rain with the snow line not far away :).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
5 minutes ago, AWD said:

Snow is too sleety & wet to stick here.

Seems to be fluctuating, when precipitation is light mainly sleety, when heavy majority is snow, very annoying!