Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

System appears to be pivoting now, so that’s why I think @Jayfromcardiff @Nights King You will soon be in the action! Good luck ? 

I hope your right I don't want a final tease before taking it away :friends:

• Like 1

Posted

Met office app for this area has rain turning to snow at 10am and then snowing right the way through to 1am Monday :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

System appears to be pivoting now, so that’s why I think @Jayfromcardiff @Nights King You will soon be in the action! Good luck ? 

Pivot Pivot pivot! I'm off out for a windy walk with the dog to collect the car. Only 2 more days until we start chasing the cold again out in FI

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Ugh, the joy of being woken by a text from the sister-in-law in Northampton all excited because they have snow. Last laugh is on them though as they are driving down here for the football!

Just moderate rain here, praying us far southerners can join in the fun later on but not holding my breath.

All those who do have snow enjoy it, some good pics already, looks like a winter wonderland developing in the S Mids! :):cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, since my last post 4 hours ago and plain old heavy rain, things have changes a bit!

20171210_075825.thumb.jpg.84e72e2ab487decdba2828f95281ee23.jpg

20171210_075822.thumb.jpg.1f3d3536559d4433c6ca887c283bc89a.jpg

a good coupl eof inches....it's gone back to rain temporarily but it looks like the snowline boundary is bascially overhead according to radar

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, TropicThunder said:

Ugh, the joy of being woken by a text from the sister-in-law in Northampton all excited because they have snow. Last laugh is on them though as they are driving down here for the football!

Just moderate rain here, praying us far southerners can join in the fun later on but not holding my breath.

All those who do have snow enjoy it, some good pics already, looks like a winter wonderland developing in the S Mids! :):cray:

Up the Gunners:D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Still sliding 3.4c

BCE90F60-FE0A-40BD-8474-13D6709F3C43.jpeg

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
23 minutes ago, webtone said:

Heavy snow here in Purton (two miles north of M4). Must be about 4-5cms on decking! Weather station recorded 3mm of rain up to 3 o’clock then stopped. Must have been when it turned to snow?

currently 0c with -1.5c dp

Same here in sourh cerney. Loverely :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Heavy wet snow here in Stroud, coming down thick and fast and has been for hours though dew points really need to fall as it's struggling to settle properly, got a covering for sure but all very wet.

lets hope the pivot wraps the slightly lower dew points around allows for a cleaner covering :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Temperatures gone from 4 degrees to 2 can't be far off.

Snowing here and settling.

No way, your just across the water! C'mon you snow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Wind getting up, fence panels split and banging against house, just gets better ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Temperatures gone from 4 degrees to 2 can't be far off.

Snowing here and settli

Well done Jay. It's been a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
34 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

The amber warning should definitely be further south. Swindon for example is snow all day!!!! 

Yes it’s a little chaotic here because it rained and then snowed. So nothing is gritted. Hearing reports of a lot of accidents and quite a few hills are not passable. I’m on the A4289 and I’ve not yet seen a grittier or plough. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Heavy wet snow here in Stroud, coming down thick and fast and has been for hours though dew points really need to fall as it's struggling to settle properly, got a covering for sure but all very wet.

lets hope the pivot wraps the slightly lower dew points around allows for a cleaner covering :) 

Quite Chris. Here in East Gloucester I'm a mere 69m ASL, but it's heavy snow that's settled, could due with the do points dropping further, do you know where we can find that out?

Edited by Snow shut work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Smartie said:

No way, your just across the water! C'mon you snow lol

Do you think we will see any snow Smartie. Chucking it down with rain at the mo, 27.3mm and counting.

Temp 4.4c and rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Now a rapid thaw as the rain is quite steady....however more heavy ppn is incoming which is likely to turn it back to snow here, which is a recipie for disaster on the roads...heavy snow settling on top of partially melted snow, and with temps peaking in the next couple of hours and then dropping off, it will all freeze..........so for anyone who has to venture out along the M4 corridor, please take great care either driving or walking

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

The wind here is ferocious and I think they are damaging gusts too. I've never heard it quite like I am now . 

Heavy rain and the temp an hour ago was 6C . 

Glad those of you who have snow are enjoying it , I'm enjoying the rain and wind . Hoping everyone stays safe . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
7 minutes ago, fromey said:

Still sliding 3.4c

BCE90F60-FE0A-40BD-8474-13D6709F3C43.jpeg

What temp do we need Fromey for snow ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just heavy rain so far but no wind yet. Also only 2.5C.

Posted
1 minute ago, Stormyskies56 said:

Yes it’s a little chaotic here because it rained and then snowed. So nothing is gritted. Hearing reports of a lot of accidents and quite a few hills are not passable. I’m on the A4289 and I’ve not yet seen a grittier or plough. 

Yes a lot of accidents around here, Glos police advising not to go out, Air balloon roundabout and Nettleton Bottom closed due to accidents and locals around Ciren posting pics of cars stuck and plenty of accidents.