Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

We have rain!! And I suspect that will remain for most of the day. We are just south of the M4 so waa expected. Enjoy the lovely white snow those that do. 

Posted

We have rain!! And I suspect that will remain for most of the day. We are just south of the M4 so waa expected. Enjoy the lovely white snow those that do. 

5728358A-4A79-4042-BD37-5D8306A9085E.png

Posted

Heavy snow here and still falling, fair wind too so should be some drifting with luck, currently 2-3 inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Heavy rain here too, nearly 19mm so far. Snow must be only 30 or so miles further North. 

Enjoy your snow who evers got it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Heavier stuff coming down here too. Easily an inch on the ground already.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Heavy rain here too, nearly 19mm so far. Snow must be only 30 or so miles further North. 

Enjoy your snow who evers got it

Whereabouts are you Steve B? ( can’t tell as I am on the mobile app and it won’t show) .. quite frustrating I know - I keep looking at the radar willing it to come further south. 

• Like 1

Posted

One positive looking at the radar is the snow line is heading back further south. Running it on a loop you can clearly see places that started with rain quickly turned to snow. Hoping it turns out like that for places even further south like me. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Enjoy guys whoever has the snow! I'm not bitter like people from other threads, if its not snowing here I enjoy seeing others get pasted :D

Those who haven't yet had snow basically south of the M4 like myself, we should see it start to turn to snow soon as the colder conditions move back in.

Its a pitty the temperature wasn't a few degrees cooler as we could have all had a major snow event.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Whereabouts are you Steve B? ( can’t tell as I am on the mobile app and it won’t show) .. quite frustrating I know - I keep looking at the radar willing it to come further south. 

I'm in Weston-super-Mare, where are you. 

Posted
1 minute ago, SteveB said:

One positive looking at the radar is the snow line is heading back further south. Running it on a loop you can clearly see places that started with rain quickly turned to snow. Hoping it turns out like that for places even further south like me. 

I tried that loop. Ha ha.. the snow line stays firmly where it is and no where near newbury! Oh well c’est la vie

Posted
2 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I'm in Weston-super-Mare, where are you. 

Newbury. Both in the snow shield power zone then ha ha. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yup, hope we see some of the white stuff soon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Gone from nearly all rain to sleety with a bit more snow thrown in here in Dursley, hoping it gets heavy enough later for the kids....honest it's the kids I'm thinking about! :rofl::cold:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Enjoy guys whoever has the snow! I'm not bitter like people from other threads, if its not snowing here I enjoy seeing others get pasted :D

Those who haven't yet had snow basically south of the M4 like myself, we should see it start to turn to snow soon as the colder conditions move back in.

Its a pitty the temperature wasn't a few degrees cooler as we could have all had a major snow event.

Agree with you there. Not bitter and love to see the posts of those that have it. 

My friend was supposed to be competing at Aston Le Walls today - told her yesterday prob best not to bother as whilst it will be rain here they would likely to have snow. Sure enough! So I suspect the event will get cancelled later. Plus there is the matter of driving a horse box in the snow- . Not ideal if conditions get worse. 

Thank you for your comment re creeping further south past M4 - very nice idea and well let’s hope heh. I’m not convinced but hey ho. It’s good to dream. 

6D4E79CF-7EA7-4CD6-BC18-F4A38080A308.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Morning everyone, loving all this rain and wind, not.  I would have loved to see a bit of snow now I've got all the Xmas decs up but I'll spend today watching horror movies instead which better reflects the weather! It's good that lots of people will have fun today though but I don't envy their journeys to work tomorrow. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I tried that loop. Ha ha.. the snow line stays firmly where it is and no where near newbury! Oh well c’est la vie

Tantalisingly close. M4 between junctions 13 and 14 (Chieveley and Hungerford) has snow. https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/england/m4/westbound/traffic-camera/903

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not far from junction 14 of the M5 and from 3am we had lots of snow and it was settling. Then I got woken up at 6.45 by heavy rain and strong winds.

All the lovely snow is being washed away. Boo hoo!

Posted

This is going to be much worse further south than forecast, amber warning should be 50-100 miles further south I reckon