Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
6 minutes ago, Mark N said:
@fergieweather
FollowingFollowing @fergieweather
MoW COUNTRY Sunday update: Risk of snow extends a bit further south by tomorrow AM, *roughly* M4 corridor N'ward, but local-level detail will remain impossible until events unfolding. Risk wind gusts 55-70+mph N Devon/Somerset/exposed Bristol Channel during AM needs emphasising.

Funny just under an hour ago I tweeted them...

@metoffice We’ve seen an increasingly southerly shift of the potential area for snow for Sunday/Monday but you haven’t made any corrections to the warning area. Personally it is only right to move warning area southwards in line with the M4. (10:34pm)

They replied with... 

Evening Ben, thanks for sharing your concerns, please be assured that we are monitoring the situation very closely and will make adjustments to the warning areas as and where we feel it is necessary. Stay #weatheraware at http://bit.ly/2h2iEWI ^Kat (10:38pm)

lol

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

That warning is such a tease it is still to north east iof me by like 8 miles :closedeyes:

I'm hoping they just dont see need in warning us as it is a rural remote area :rofl:

Posted

Radar indicate of rain turning to sleet as it approaches Wells/Frome area, rainfall intensity slightly increasing too.

sleet.jpg

Posted

Normally we watch the models put us on for snow and then ship it away to France at T12. Today we’re getting our luck. I was never convinced this system was going to run as progged. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Radar indicate of rain turning to sleet as it approaches Wells/Frome area, rainfall intensity slightly increasing too.

sleet.jpg

green area is mendips. I just came home from pub.. cant see anything at moment.

1.8c so with that intensity id expect rain. 

Edited by Nights King

Posted
Just now, Nights King said:

green area is mendips. I just came home from pub.. cant see anything at moment.

Expect majority of precipitation is evaporating as it is so light at the moment.

Posted
17 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Snow warning extended south a bit. 

C7E0073D-D9FD-43B7-9783-72CF53604CBF.png

Im in that tiny slither between the snow warning and the wind warning. Probably be the normal frosty morning for me 

Posted
2 minutes ago, kumquat said:

The warning is them covering their arses by including Bristol, Bath and London into the mix. 

I'd still feel far more confident if my arses was covered by the metoffice warning.. :rofl:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
1 hour ago, ajpoolshark said:

well, bugger me with a fishfork, it could start for me as snow and stay as snow......could it be the mother load?.....If so, I just can't wait to share my good fortune with my colleagues in the midlands and northern england regional threads tomorrow....I'm sure they'll be thrilled :bomb:

Haha :) Yep knife edge scenario for us - Im near cirencester and usualy the cotswolds gets a dumping just north of me. Sods law my car went pop today, so I wont be able to drive in to anything! Fingers crossed - looks like its turning wintery as it heads towards us anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

That’ll do me just fine @Mapantz couple of hours of falling snow is better than naff all, like the NW will experience tomorrow ???

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all,

After a low of -1c here around an hour ago, had a sharp rise in temperatures now. Up to 0.4c now as some showers appear to be coming off the channel. DP still well below freezing mind you

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

That’ll do me just fine @Mapantz couple of hours of falling snow is better than naff all, like the NW will experience tomorrow ???

we just had a potent powerful northerly im sure they are all well satisfied. :D

No other region could ever feel hard done by.. try living in west country :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 minute ago, kumquat said:

Go on Karlos I double dare you :D

Lol not after last night, I’ll leave them be I think, I’d quite like to continue posting next week ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
23 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

NetWx has picked up on it nicely. @ajpoolshark get yourself in 'ere!

viewimage.thumb.png.6e33a0cbbbf05b0f5f48dbb1158f1eb7.png  viewimage2.thumb.png.34aa49b1b75d529a2c0989379db29fe6.png viewimage3.thumb.png.32134a90c3288783b040f42d81f4b1cb.png

and @karlos1983

viewimage.thumb.png.a4bf8d7c01616bf626126845c121bd02.png viewimage2.thumb.png.e6220e951a6ea34b78d1a335fb31d932.png

I'm here, he says sounding out of breath...

right then I've fired up the NMM and had a look at my specific NMM forecast.......very marginal for tomorrow morning (dewpoints above 0c so sleet/wet snow mix, but if it ends up the right side of marginal it could be a dumping)......sunday PM and into the evening is much better, could see a few cm's, and a similar forecast for monday with the possiblity of several cm's......we'll see how it pans out!

5a2c78199520d_sundaymorn.thumb.png.c88d812835fe7605f4ad173ca0a08f1a.png

5a2c782ddff43_sundaypm.thumb.png.931c4899e969c9c713c48a9f16df395e.png

5a2c783ce114d_mondam.thumb.png.8a94370868c0d0fcbd2dfd539e56b0a0.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

I'm here, he says sounding out of breath...

haha - I do hope you get lucky bud!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 hours ago, carl79 said:

I know hinton very well. Built a house there last year just as you leave the village towards crougton.. im hoping to see some snow tomorrow  been a few snowless years here at the moment.. my son at 2.5 years old has never seen a good dumping of snow or any snow at all come to think of it

I lived just outside the village, head down the lane towards the old airfield, on the left there's a really bumpy track leading to Hinton Grounds Farm on the edge of the airfield, that was my place. Coldest place I've ever lived, through the winters of 85/86/87 the water in the toilet bowl regularly froze overnight. Those years there was loads of snow around, nothing to stop it when it blew across the airfield until it met my house, HUGE snowdrifts. Oh those were the days :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm off to get some sleep now, but I wish everyone in our thread the best of luck for snow in the next 12-36 hours.....keep the faith, you never know :)

• Like 5