Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 09/12/2017 onwards

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, chillyblast said:

Ah sorry, I will switch. Hope you get a nice dusting tomorrow / Mon as well.

Thanks Buddy, i think being where i am, i have had the dilemma of what thread to be in! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Southern movement of the snowline- but I just dont buy into any of the hope that snow will fall for the south - south of Bristol anyway. Good old fashioned gut instinct tells me we simply dont have the entrenched cold (yet) and I cannot believe that an atlantic slider diving into an existing trough (that hasnt really yet delivered any proper cold down here) is going to come to anything.

And if there was even the slightest chance that the system could slide still further south and deliver anything then we would have a met yellow warning. 

Winter is coming this year I think - but for the south we need to wait for the next wave or even the easterly one thereafter. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A tiny bit of wintriness mixed in with the rain here. I did a GIF.. hang on..

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark N said:

Thanks Buddy, i think being where i am, i have had the dilemma of what thread to be in! 

Are you north of Oxford? I'm south and mid way between Reading and Oxford and am torn between this thread and SE!. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Are you north of Oxford? I'm south and mid way between Reading and Oxford and am torn between this thread and SE!. 

Just 1 mile East of the City Centre. I have been told by people before i am South Midlands/SE England/Southern England. This thread is about right as i consider to be Central Southern England. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow
2 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Just 1 mile East of the City Centre. I have been told by people before i am South Midlands/SE England/Southern England. This thread is about right as i consider to be Central Southern England. lol

I'm sure we can get away posting in either of them!

Do you think it will be an all snow event for us north of Oxford?

Posted
1 minute ago, Catacol said:

Southern movement of the snowline- but I just dont buy into any of the hope that snow will fall for the south - south of Bristol anyway. Good old fashioned gut instinct tells me we simply dont have the entrenched cold (yet) and I cannot believe that an atlantic slider diving into an existing trough (that hasnt really yet delivered any proper cold down here) is going to come to anything.

And if there was even the slightest chance that the system could slide still further south and deliver anything then we would have a met yellow warning. 

Winter is coming this year I think - but for the south we need to wait for the next wave or even the easterly one thereafter. 

I think I'm at the 'knife edge ' and I think the Thames and the Chilterns behind play a huge role. I can often see snow on the chilterns and we have naff all. I am pretty convinced it'll rain here and snow across the river

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

6 pages since I went to the Pub?! Can't be doing all that. So the general consensus is a bit of rain...But I did see the weather on the box after averting my eyes for tomorrow I did note that  the mendips were blazed in white tomorrow pm @Nights King

Edited by festivalking
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
7 minutes ago, Catacol said:

Catacol did you not get the memo, good news only :acute:

joking aside I probably agree with you, but that’s why there’s no pressure for us, anything will be a bonus really!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Catacol said:

I fear you are right Catacol, but we have a chance as colder air feeds back as the system moves through Sun night into Monday. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Well I guess we get central south news!  You always get the better weather north of Oxford when it comes to snow

Posted
4 minutes ago, Beasterly said:

I'm sure we can get away posting in either of them!

Do you think it will be an all snow event for us north of Oxford?

Hi Beasterly! Good to see a few of us in here. Further north of Oxfordshire certainly, closer to here and further south a mix of rain/sleet/snow. But general feeling is a more sleet/snow mix here now. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Well I guess we get central south news!  You always get the better weather north of Oxford when it comes to snow

Your near the M4 corridor more than myself lol 

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Everyone's welcome in the SWACSE thread...as long as you drink cider :drunk-emoji:

Thats all i drink!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow
7 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Hi Beasterly! Good to see a few of us in here. Further north of Oxfordshire certainly, closer to here and further south a mix of rain/sleet/snow. But general feeling is a more sleet/snow mix here now. 

Finally back on the forum after disappointing winters last few years and good to see you're still hanging around!

Setting my alarm to 6am hoping rain/sleet would have turned to snow by then!

Posted

Quite a few runs now showing some Easterly Promise around Christmas 

frysturkishdelight.jpg

Edited by kumquat

Posted
6 minutes ago, Beasterly said:

Finally back on the forum after disappointing winters last few years and good to see you're still hanging around!

Setting my alarm to 6am hoping rain/sleet would have turned to snow by then!

4 years since your last post! 2013 was last proper snow event! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Snow warning extended south a bit. 

C7E0073D-D9FD-43B7-9783-72CF53604CBF.png

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
@fergieweather
FollowingFollowing @fergieweather
MoW COUNTRY Sunday update: Risk of snow extends a bit further south by tomorrow AM, *roughly* M4 corridor N'ward, but local-level detail will remain impossible until events unfolding. Risk wind gusts 55-70+mph N Devon/Somerset/exposed Bristol Channel during AM needs emphasising.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1