The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

Just been out to clear the car and put my windscreen cover on before the big freeze overnight. It was coming down steady and sticking to the car as fast as I could clear it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics of my home in Shropshire - it's throwing it down again now.  I'd say we have has about 8 inches but its at least a foot deep on my lawn ans surrounding fields.

17cm of level snow. That's more than Dec 2010 or Dec 1995 managed. It's certainly the most round here since Feb 1991, possibly 1987. 4 years without any significant snow ends like this.!

this mornings drive out or a small bit of it.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pegg24 said:

Been a good morning in northants wish the sleet would do one now it' starting to melt. Was under the impression we was getting snow all day today.

Still snow in West Northants, been awesome here!

Just spent a good hour out in it with the dog who loved rolling around in it!!! its still coming down here, not as heavy as earlier but its been falling pretty much all day long.

Do you guys think it will continue into the night? on the usual phone app it says below 40% or so chance after 5-6pm then nothing from 11pm.

4 minutes ago, shaky said:

Radar looking really good!!gap has filled up over the midlands and am really surprised as to how far north it is snowing right now!!more to come for the midlands overnight!!

What about the green on the radar?

4 minutes ago, shaky said:

Radar looking really good!!gap has filled up over the midlands and am really surprised as to how far north it is snowing right now!!more to come for the midlands overnight!!

Yes doesn't look like the current PPN to the north has been modelled at all on any of them... euro4, arpege, nmm... 

• Like 1

Wow. Current snow depth (total, including the stuff still lying from Friday) is over 21 cm. This surpasses the 20 cm max from February 1991 and makes this the deepest snow in Bewdley since the 1980s. :cold: What an incredible day! :D

moresnow.jpg

• Like 5

Still falling steadily here. Quite unbelievable. Everywhere that wasn't covered is covered again. I've never known continuous snowfall like it! One of the shops opposite me has decided to close early, I don't blame him! What a treat today has been:D Might head out before it gets dark and take a few pics.

Edited by WalsallWeather
Added extra