The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

2 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Six inches! Where are you in south staffs, i am Gentleshaw and have no where near that.

I am near Wombourne and Wolverhampton. So just in South Staffs council. You are further north than me. It seems to have made all the difference. My brother lives in Cannock and has less than us.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics of my home in Shropshire - it's throwing it down again now.  I'd say we have has about 8 inches but its at least a foot deep on my lawn ans surrounding fields.

17cm of level snow. That's more than Dec 2010 or Dec 1995 managed. It's certainly the most round here since Feb 1991, possibly 1987. 4 years without any significant snow ends like this.!

this mornings drive out or a small bit of it.  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

I am near Wombourne and Wolverhampton. So just in South Staffs council. You are further north than me. It seems to have made all the difference. My brother lives in Cannock and has less than us.

Crazy how just 20 miles can have such a profound difference. Oh well, enjoy mate!

• Thanks 1

Amazing conditions here in loughborough! Very heavy snow with a strong northerly wind but what's better than that was my 3 year old daughter's face when I opened the curtains! Time to build a snowman I think! :yahoo:

• Like 4

The snow has certainly lost a lot of intensity over much of the region not that it was ever particularly heavy wer i am. Still rates of 1-2cms per hour will add up providing it sticks around till mid afternoon or longer as suggested by some models.