Snow?

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics of my home in Shropshire - it's throwing it down again now.  I'd say we have has about 8 inches but its at least a foot deep on my lawn ans surrounding fields.

17cm of level snow. That's more than Dec 2010 or Dec 1995 managed. It's certainly the most round here since Feb 1991, possibly 1987. 4 years without any significant snow ends like this.!

this mornings drive out or a small bit of it.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, davehsug said:

Irish sea picking up again, looks as though they're going to pass just to our West, but more promising.

Picked up over land rather than over the sea aswell which is promising.

22 hours ago, Raynee said:

Snowing quite heavy in Craven Arms a few minutes ago when I let the dogs out.....much to their absolute disgust!! :nonono: Wet snow but settling on the decking :yahoo:If it carries on the dogs will have me digging the garden up so their bums don't get cold in the morning :rolls eyes: 

Well I certainly didn't have to dig up the garden this morning, less than 1cm here! Yet about 4 miles up the road they'd had a right dumping, enough to cause traffic disruption and chaos.

A couple of light showers this evening, hardly worth mentioning, but freezing like mad now out there. Lets see what the weekend brings.

18 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Looking like a snow to rain and back to snow event us in Warwick on Sunday ???

Yup massive downgrade for areas south of staffs...dont know why i got my hopes up ?

6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

looks better today for our locations, must have had some in the night

Definitely. It is hammering it down.

Latest ECM has 7+ inches by the end of tomorrow.

A good shower must have passed here in the last hour or so as we have a good CM or so out of it. Cheshire Gap showers must further east today too.

Looks fine for tomorrow - snow for the Cotswolds & areas north of this. May turn back to sleet/rain south of Birmingham towards the middle of the day, then back to snow. Should be 10cms+ though by the time it does turn to sleet/rain, so not a big deal.

7 hours ago, mother nature rocks said:

Good old Darren Bett on BBC has rain turning to snow much further south as front pushes north. Midlands look right in the mix. Can’t see to much more movement n/s. 

Darren Bett is a dirty warmist. 

Edited by Skyraker
Autoforrect