Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

Recommended Posts

I see Stoke has its snow!

My brother's flight from Luton got cancelled. Quite a bit ot snow there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we've got a covering from a shower earlier and it's snowing again now from another. Doesn't look much behind it, but this is "bonus" snow so who cares!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sugar coating in Stoke this morning. Looked great as it was fresh and frozen underneath. Potential for the odd shower to crop up from the Cheshire Gap it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonus snow cover !! 

Only 3 days late 

cold frosty icy and snowy all in one morning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MKN said:

Cant see many in here seeing anything but rain tbh

Looks to be the Derbyshire area which makes it into the Amber zone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Looks to be the Derbyshire area which makes it into the Amber zone

Buxton/Leek it will be SS, dreading their dumping! 2 feet plus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nobble said:

Bonus snow cover !! 

Only 3 days late 

cold frosty icy and snowy all in one morning 

Yeah same here obviously I suppose. Quite a nice wintry day today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that it was only a dusting but nice to see. It's mostly gone now except in shaded spots but some of that is frost as well. Feels bitter out though. It's quite a good Winter this, especially after the deep snow event of earlier in the month. Here's hoping January and February can deliver a good dumping of snow at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys..

Possibly a short spell of snow for us tomorrow according to the latest M.Office warnings.

 We (in the Central Mids) are  now just creeping  into the yellow warning for snow (as well as ice).

DSIowarX0AIMCJp.jpg.da9198cf0ff05fcb0b34

It would seem that we are seeing a slow southbound movement of the snow line.

Another 50  miles and we could be in the amber area.

It is not impossible as the Sat 24 radar is still showing a tendency to push the system a bit SE,just to the west of Ireland.

https://en.sat24.com/en/eu/infraPolair

 

It is also possible to detect a divide in the air streams just to the NW of Ireland, where south of it it is moving SE, but north of it it seems to be stalling.

MIA

 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Hi guys..

Possibly a short spell of snow for us tomorrow according to the latest M.Office warnings.

 We (in the Central Mids) are  now just creep into the yellow warning for snow (as well as ice).

DSIowarX0AIMCJp.jpg.da9198cf0ff05fcb0b34

It would seem that we are seeing a slow southbound movement of the snow line.

 MIA

 

Got to say this winter has been great for some of us midlands so🌨🌨

cold here today again and still some snow on the ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there.. newbie here from a snow covered Coventry.. which makes a change..

Edited by Pajcov
No reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Buxton/Leek it will be SS, dreading their dumping! 2 feet plus

Glossop will get at least 25 inches. Calling it now :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Got to say this winter has been great for some of us midlands so🌨🌨

cold here today again and still some snow on the ground 

definitely agree been a good winter 25th Nov-28th Dec, but these days I don't rate Jan and Feb, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Got to say this winter has been great for some of us midlands so🌨🌨

cold here today again and still some snow on the ground 

Yep Foz..

Here in sunny Brummy my  garden is still covered with about 1 -2 cms..

I have been out to make sure my fish ponds are Ok. I try to keep the water circulating around my 3 ponds if I can, and I have not got the pool heater on at the moment.. 

The snow is still really crunchy and there is no wet around except for where the sun melted it earlier and it has now frozen again.

My max was 4.3C today and it has fallen to 2.1C already at my station height of 7 foot. 

It is clearly freezing hard on the ground.

It certainly has been a good month for us, and the weather resembles those of the 70's at the moment. 

Let see if it keeps it up to make it a memorable winter.:cold::yahoo:

MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest hirlam and aroma 12zs still give a spell of moderate snow for tomorrow morning!!gona be a case of waiting to see what falls lol!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

definitely agree been a good winter 25th Nov-28th Dec, but these days I don't rate Jan and Feb, 

Know what your saying so fingers crossed it’s a winter of old. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Yep Foz..

Here in sunny Brummy my  garden is still covered with about 1 -2 cms..

I have been out to make sure my fish ponds are Ok. I try to keep the water circulating around my 3 ponds if I can, and I have not got the pool heater on at the moment.. 

The snow is still really crunchy and there is no wet around except for where the sun melted it earlier and it has now frozen again.

My max was 4.3C today and it has fallen to 2.1C already at my station height of 7 foot. 

It is clearly freezing hard on the ground.

It certainly has been a good month for us, and the weather resembles those of the 70's at the moment. 

Let see if it keeps it up to make it a memorable winter.:cold::yahoo:

MIA

You got it MIA winter of old 🌧🌧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shaky said:

Latest hirlam and aroma 12zs still give a spell of moderate snow for tomorrow morning!!gona be a case of waiting to see what falls lol!!

We still need a shift south of a good 50miles i think for us to see any snowfall. Northern England and Scotland look like having 3 or 4 decent snow events over the next week or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MKN said:

We still need a shift south of a good 50miles i think for us to see any snowfall. Northern England and Scotland look like having 3 or 4 decent snow events over the next week or so. 

I want more 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, shaky said:

Latest hirlam and aroma 12zs still give a spell of moderate snow for tomorrow morning!!gona be a case of waiting to see what falls lol!!

You know what, I never thought i'd say this in my life but I won't be disappointed if it doesnt snow.

 

I love snow and always will but the past few days have been challenging and dangerous for me personally as I ride a 125cc motorbike and it does not cope well with snow and ice! I would avoid going out on it in snow and icy conditions but I need to use it for work as I work 20 miles away out in the sticks and public transport links are very poor.

I almost came off my bike 3 times yesterday on the way home from Rugby and the roads around Oundle were ice rinks this morning when I finished my night shift. I'm working there again tonight and leaving at 8am. I don't mind if it snows after 8am just not before :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...