Jump to content

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics of my home in Shropshire - it's throwing it down again now.  I'd say we have has about 8 inches but its at least a foot deep on my lawn ans surrounding fields.

17cm of level snow. That's more than Dec 2010 or Dec 1995 managed. It's certainly the most round here since Feb 1991, possibly 1987. 4 years without any significant snow ends like this.!

this mornings drive out or a small bit of it.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

WTH! Just laid down to go to sleep and there was a big clap of thunder! Not seen thundersnow since 2004 :shok:

Sure ? Nothing on the lightning indicator on the radar.. heard nothing here either :p

 

There is a very loud jet going over though.

Edited by kmanmx
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kmanmx said:

Sure ? Nothing on the lightning indicator on the radar.. heard nothing here either :p

 

There is a very loud jet going over though.

Trust me, I promise you that was thunder. It lasted around 5-10 seconds and was an unmistakable roll of thunder. I just looked outside and it's absolutely chucking it down. I'll be surprised if there isn't a lightning strike detected around here from around 4-5 mins ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Trust me, I promise you that was thunder. It lasted around 5-10 seconds and was an unmistakable roll of thunder. I just looked outside and it's absolutely chucking it down. I'll be surprised if there isn't a lightning strike detected around here from around 4-5 mins ago.

thundersnow, radar is showing 2 strikes near your area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Trust me, I promise you that was thunder. It lasted around 5-10 seconds and was an unmistakable roll of thunder. I just looked outside and it's absolutely chucking it down. I'll be surprised if there isn't a lightning strike detected around here from around 4-5 mins ago.

I'll let you off, it's appeared now. Epic !!

D7cEWpn.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

 

I'll let you off, it's appeared now. Epic !!

D7cEWpn.png

Haha! In the words of Jim Royle... Loud jet my a*se :rofl:

How's it looking in Leicester? Radar suggests the heaviest PPN is slap bang over you now

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

WTH! Just laid down to go to sleep and there was a big clap of thunder! Not seen thundersnow since 2004 :shok:

It was near to lutterworth i was on the a5 at the time was two strikes first one i thought nah cant be then second was far brighter and closer. The a5 in parts is terrible atm. Here in burbage theres alot less than between crick and lutterworth with what has settled being very wet snow. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very localised really, whole journey from Stoke to Birmingham and the only sign of snow begins around J1 of the M5. As you head past J2-J3 where it climbs a little, there is several inches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No snow at all this morning. There has been some rain overnight but no snow. Attention for me now turns to Thurs night into Fri for the risk of snow to higher ground. Buxton is a 30-40 min drive from me and normally does well in marginal situations (providing there is precipitation).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...