Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just had an hour of steady wet snow here.It hasn't settled but was nice to watch anyhow!.

Posted

One to watch for the weekend. Potential for a spell of snow (red on this image) across central, eastern and northern parts of England and much of Scotland on Sunday as a band of rain comes in from the Atlantic and comes up across the cold air in place. 

However, this system will be bringing in milder air behind it, and some of the computer models bring in that milder air much more quickly, with snow limited to far eastern areas as a result. So much uncertainty. 

In any case, any snow will turn back to rain for most as the milder conditions spread in.

C4C318EB-BBCB-47BE-ADD6-FA1335226412.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Some nice skies around today

Here`s a time lapse of this afternoons post-dusk Anvil on our Northern horizon

anvil.mpeg

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

on youtube

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Temp fallen down to freezing point now here, plus last throw of the dice on Sunday to see any snow falling for a week so, judging by what the models are showing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
16 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

on youtube

Yep Arnie...

Watched this one moving to the north of me. 

It even looked as if it might have had rotation in its head if it could have lasted another hour in daytime warming.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Arpege is not backing down on the snow situtaion for sunday!!gives almost 12-15 hours of snow for some parts of the midlands!!all during the day aswell!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
1 hour ago, shaky said:

Arpege is not backing down on the snow situtaion for sunday!!gives almost 12-15 hours of snow for some parts of the midlands!!all during the day aswell!!

I think it's lost the plot! Looking at all other forecasts for sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Frosty 0c this morning here.  Beep automated forecast has sleet tomorrow am. Not had time to look at properly. Certainly heading milder next week for a bit then who knows...

Posted
19 minutes ago, shaky said:

Latest icon 06z massive upgrade on snow tomorrow for midlands and wales!compared to 00z run much wider area of snow!!for lunchtime tomorrow!

And snow line for sunday further south and west!!the plot thickens!!

Posted
36 minutes ago, shaky said:

Latest icon 06z massive upgrade on snow tomorrow for midlands and wales!compared to 00z run much wider area of snow!!for lunchtime tomorrow!

I'm not convinced by the ICON and ARPGE at all on this. Let's not expect anything, maybe a bit of transient snow on the leading edge before turning to rain.

Edited by Staffordshire
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

I'm not convinced by the ICON and ARPGE at all on this. Let's not expect anything, maybe a bit of transient snow on the leading edge before turning to rain.

Ecm has snow in similar places aswell though!i still dont believe it but it gives us something to talk about i guess lol

Posted
11 minutes ago, shaky said:

Ecm has snow in similar places aswell though!i still dont believe it but it gives us something to talk about i guess lol

yes just seen the icon  Blizzards Saturday   to be honest the GFS isnt a million miles away either.   MMM  one eyebrow raised

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nah, looks like good old fashioned light rain or sleet, bbc site has taken 3 snow symbols down, though temp doesn't get above 2C and stays cloudy all day. Though those are automated, so best best just looking out the window for anything falling, whether it be white or wet.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Arpege increases intensity of snow slightly more on the 06z for tomorrow!!

Posted
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

LOL  by Sunday afternoon  we will need to tunnel our way out  going by the Arpege    Nah   next

arpege-45-60-0.png

Oh my days i was just about to post this mate!!it gives 10cms widely!!that is a huge improvement on the 00z!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, shaky said:

Oh my days i was just about to post this mate!!it gives 10cms widely!!that is a huge improvement on the 00z!!

If we have anything like that I would be shocked. I expect sleet then rain. But not saying I won't be watching Shaky and Wierpig update with intrest but with beep and GFS showing sleet to rain at best expect this to be gone next run.

Posted

latest Arome   shows  heavy snowfall again  Saturday across  the Midlands.  still think its a long  shot    so that Icon Arpege and Arome  with possible snow Saturday   awaiting euro 4

Edited by weirpig

Posted
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

latest Arome   shows  heavy snowfall again  Saturday across  the Midlands.   awaiting euro 4

Its weird its like a new development has happened in the last run or so!!