Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Its weird its like a new development has happened in the last run or so!!

Who knows   its a good learning curve though  on whether to trust those models in the future.  Ps the BBC app ( i Know)  is now showing snow symbols for Saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
Just now, The Wolf said:

BBC app shows sleet and snow symbols for Saturday but forecast says it will be a dry day? Very strange.

One thing it won't be is dry. I think sleet to rain is what will happen. Strange that models showing heavy snow and it's only tomorrow so they must see something. Looks like another classic Knife edge scenario for the Midlands lol. If beep and Gfs get on board I would have more hope. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

euro 4   dosent even show us getting rain  Saturday.   I think ill stick to that one  it seems to verify the best

What is it showing.

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

What is it showing.

hardly any precipitation getting this far   Although  compared to most  it on its own in that regard   most of them have us under precipitation whether it be rain or snow.

Posted
1 hour ago, shaky said:

Ecm has snow in similar places aswell though!i still dont believe it but it gives us something to talk about i guess lol

Haha you're right shaky, a bit of conversation in an otherwise boring weather period for us in the Midlands. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

hardly any precipitation getting this far   Although  compared to most  it on its own in that regard   most of them have us under precipitation whether it be rain or snow.

Yeh every other hi reso model pushes it further north but euro4 takes it even further south than even 00z!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Oo-er, I’ve got a double snowflake from the MetO for midday tomorrow.

Not like them to be so generous to poor old Solihull... ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Well i've got 8hrs of light snow from 8am, plus 5hrs of sleet on Sunday morning, they are just risks though, so i won't believe it until it happens. It's good to keep an eye on this though.

Posted

Icon still looking really good tomorrow for the midlands!!about 4 or 5 hours of snow during the day!!max amount of snow would 5cms here and there i think!!and looks good for sunday aswell!!

Edited by shaky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Icon still looking really good tomorrow for the midlands!!about 4 or 5 hours of snow during the day!!max amount of snow would 5cms here and there i think!!

This seems to be a more north, north east Midland and upward event, Coventry shows up as sleet for a few hours tomorrow and then back to normal

Posted
Just now, sawan said:

This seems to be a more north, north east Midland and upward event, Coventry shows up as sleet for a few hours tomorrow and then back to normal

Well if you go according to the icon coventry is well within the sweet spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat
9 minutes ago, shaky said:

Well if you go according to the icon coventry is well within the sweet spot

I think beebs have been pretty much spot on for the past few weeks, I don't want to get disappointed by following something which is not so much reliable

Posted
6 minutes ago, shaky said:

Icon and arpege lookin juicy for snow sunday!better than the 06z!!both still going for around 8cms or more widely!!

Sunday has a max day temperature of 1 degrees and rising to 9 degrees during the evening and night - so a snow/sleet to rain event here in Leicester. No thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

BBC forecast shows sleety rubbish for tomorrow and Sunday and then later rain on Sunday and mild rubbish. Looks like game over.

According to you it’s always game over, just chill a bit, it’s not game over in the middle of January is it really? Iv already had 2 decent snowfalls this winter which is miles better than the last few years so imo it’s GAME ON!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Gonna lock this thread in a bit as it’s getting long. A new one is coming your way!

Edit: the new one 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine