Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
35 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Radar looks a bit sparse at the moment, haven't seen anything "wintry" yet, sunny at the moment, can't see much in the way of preciptation downwind. I think we're grasping some pretty thin straws here. 

Yep  Kind of agree.  Cant see much in the way of showers getting past those Welsh Mountains.  I Mean what is the Point in them just standing there.  In all fairness the showers are ment to pep up later on this afternoon and during the overnight period.  For what its worth Meto going for 10 hours of snow  some heavy during that period. I guess as usuall its down to radar watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

It might be, well yes it is moaning, that with decades of data and information these weather pros still don't realise that almost all of the time, certainly in winter, that any showery activity (unless it's a more organised trough), rarely delivers any substantial precipitation to the east of high ground, they but continue to persist in forecasting it, is this just in the off case it does prevail, but most people on sites like this are not surprised when little or nothing occurs, i might be wrong but i've always noticed it to be that way. That's it rant over, still sunny, breezy temperature at 4.0C, so snow unlikely, so if anything falls, just expecting rain or sleet showers - at the moment.

Posted

I see the warnigs have been updated  this region its pushed the warning zone slightly more east.  which i suppose bodes well for showers pushing further inland later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Getting a few grains drifting in the wind, but still bright sunshine mostly...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looking like something may happen, but it looks like it's dying. Temp at 4.6C.

Posted

It's not until tonight that things are expected to get more interesting.

Radar shows showers are easily making it into and across the Midlands and troughs should increase the shower risk.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Ummmm.... 

Netweather's got Snowmageddon forecast for this evening all of a sudden, having had virtually no snow forecast here despite all the other forecasts showing a bit of snow for here... 

:D

(I'll believe it when I see it... snowcasting is so tricky, and Netweather's done the "Torrential" forecast before now. Although to be fair, last time it said "torrential" snow, we did have fourteen inches of it in three days :D )

image.thumb.png.3067083cb6825b820416221073cb1cdc.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

why the hell couldn't this little island have rooted itself 600 miles further north, that way all of us could enjoy the snow and not just Scotland every time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Currently steady rain and 4.3 °C here in Bewdley. A pretty miserable afternoon, really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Intermittent brief flurries of quite heavy wet snow in Telford at 150m asl. Nothing settling and nothing lasting at present.

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer of 95 said:

Just cold rain here

Its Bloody Shrewsbury again.  strange and wonderful place   maybe a Altitude thing   expect it to turn in a while.   Mind  you not sticking here  died a death again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

:yahoo:Bingo  Snow  very wet though   however a start  done well this year   

Amazing I am down the road and nothing here.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowstorm27x said:

Amazing I am down the road and nothing here.

Im working  in Wolves   by the ground   but still pretty close  very hit and miss showers at the moment.   edit  slett now though

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Im working  in Wolves   by the ground   but still pretty close  very hit and miss showers at the moment.   edit  slett now though

Yh very localised at present. But Met say more organised snow tonight and radar shows the showers are getting there act together now. Still think a light dusting not much more.

• Like 1