Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
5 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Yes mum, its a cool place to live.

Then she said, wheres the beach to which you answered, down there on the banks of Bottoms Reservoir

That was my first place up here in Whitfield/Hague street.... moved and renting it out now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I have a nagging feeling that by the time this storm comes through on Thursday the centre will be around Bristol area so that would put us lot in the midlands right in the thick of the snow. Maybe wrong but just a feeling I have

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I have a nagging feeling that by the time this storm comes through on Thursday the centre will be around Bristol area so that would put us lot in the midlands right in the thick of the snow. Maybe wrong but just a feeling I have

You'll have loads before then, from midday tomorrow, that's when colder air arrives

hgt500-1000.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You'll have loads before then, from midday tomorrow, that's when colder air arrives

hgt500-1000.png

Trouble is those welsh hills I think this time. We will see I’m sure there will be some but it’s a bit to westerly for my liking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Trouble is those welsh hills I think this time. We will see I’m sure there will be some but it’s a bit to westerly for my liking

Yes but 250m asl not bad, winds are too westerly yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

That low just keeps on coming South started the day in Scotland now it's in the north Midlands it wouldn't take much now to put us back in the game. I can't see it happening but at least we still have a slight chance. Snow showers look like piling in from tomorrow afternoon it's been a great winter so far.

Posted

Nice regional forecast from Mr Hammond. Didn't show the graphics for Tuesday night but did reiterate being concerned about the risk of significant snow.

hammond.png

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Nice regional forecast from Mr Hammond. Didn't show the graphics for Tuesday night but did reiterate being concerned about the risk of significant snow.

hammond.png

Looking good in a very unstable flow. Good day overall with our old friend the runner trying to come bk to us and upgrades tomoz and Wed for snow potential. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Netweather updated forecast for here has gone mental saying torrential snow tonight and tomorrow.... 120 mm between now and Friday

FDAEC349-AD73-49B5-A14D-BE9873232E26.png

Yh the whole region has got an upgrade but especially you guys in the Buxton area I tempted to drive up there it's only 40 mins away lol. We all expect to see your beautiful pics why we have our 2cm you will have 2ft lol. Good luck.

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting times. To be honest I'm still not sure about the snow. However BBC has me down for 14 hours of the stuff. A upgrade for the Midlands again !  Edit just seen net weather forecast. I think it's on the blink. 26 cm of snow in 3 hours?  Nah 

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A thin covering of snow seen upon letting the dog out just.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it
14 hours ago, Sleet30031972 said:

Er Wot ze funk!!!!

Netweather has me down for HEAVY snow in 7 hours!! Cant remember when this was shown before at such short range (actually I can - never). Questions:

1. If this is correct why isn't this thread going into overdrive?

2. Where did this come from? Roughly 4 hours ago it was very light snow showers?

3. If this is wrong (probably?) how could a half decent weather  bit of software (?) get things so badly wrong at such short range?? 

Screenshot (5).png

Well I've never been convinced by the netweather forecasts and last night confirmed it. It consistently forecast hours of heavy or moderate snow. To all appearances not one flake has fell. I have never seen such a discrepancy at the nowcasting stage with it before. To be used with extreme caution I think :-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Bit of snow up at Flash but nothing lower level. Showers have drifted north so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A covering of snow here ( about 1cm by the look of it ) after a short but fairly heavy shower around 0500.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Looking forward to some snow pictures from those of you in the favoured spots later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just had a rain/sleet/snow shower about 40 minutes ago.

Passed through quickly.

Temperature still at 3.6C but did fall whilst shower going on.

First of several today. I hope.

MIA 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Radar looks a bit sparse at the moment, haven't seen anything "wintry" yet, sunny at the moment, can't see much in the way of preciptation downwind. I think we're grasping some pretty thin straws here. 

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

very slushy covering here mixture of hail but turned to snow and at one point everything was covered after a couple of heavy showers passed through but thawing rapidly now.

Posted

Yeah tbh I think the welsh hills will do ya no favours this time round but we shall see