Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

The BBC weather called it pretty well.  I to 2 cm in some areas, rain or sleet for most.  Not sure where all this talk of 15-20 cm came from. .      

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Ahhh finally, it's started to settle on the roads, grass and roofs now. The road is *just* starting to whiten, but you can already see the snow has basically absorbed the water and puddles. Half a centimeter on the grass and elsewhere... and the snow is falling heavier than ever. I think the fun is just beginning in my neck of the woods :D

3 minutes ago, At least it will be mild said:

The BBC weather called it pretty well.  I to 2 cm in some areas, rain or sleet for most.  Not sure where all this talk of 15-20 cm came from. .      

Not sure about that, it's supposed to snow for another 6 hours in some places.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Ahhh finally, it's started to settle on the roads, grass and roofs now. The road is *just* starting to whiten, but you can already see the snow has basically absorbed the water and puddles. Half a centimeter on the grass and elsewhere... and the snow is falling heavier than ever. I think the fun is just beginning in my neck of the woods :D

Yeh was gona say the real heavy snow is meant to be from bout 2am to 9am for us!!think as it pivots it will intensify across the midlands!!cold air is meant to tuck in properly by 3am!!

Posted

Wet snow in Gloucester in the Severn Valley. Grass starting to turn white. Quite a surprise. We are about as low as you can be in terms of height above sea level.

Posted

Looking like the heavy stuff coming in a few hours don't give up hope people ! 

14 minutes ago, shaky said:

Yeh was gona say the real heavy snow is meant to be from bout 2am to 9am for us!!think as it pivots it will intensify across the midlands!!cold air is meant to tuck in properly by 3am!!

2017-12-27 00.13.17.png

• Like 3

Posted

PPN looks to be intensifying nicely. 

23:40

Osp1AFX.png

00:10

nM9Aaai.png

And should then start sliding SE...

Posted

Well after hours of heavy rain, it turned sleety and then to heavy heavy snow a mile outside Gloucester city centre. 

Amazingly it started to lay pretty quickly. Now it is white everywhere ! This at not much above 20 m above sea level. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Snow starting to turn the pavements and road a bit white here now! Temp has dropped to 1c with a dew of 0c! By the looks of the GFS precip charts, this will stick around till around 7-8am and the colder air really digs in after 3am! Could actually wake up to a white scene here in the morning! Big surprise for me as I wasn't expecting it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Sleety rain now, wind has picked up, temp at 1.3C, so falling & settling still unlikely.

Posted
5 minutes ago, shaky said:

Wow radar has exploded into life!!here in oadby its chucking it down now with snow!!its like a heavy squall line coming up from the south!!

Yep some reintensification going on goes to show why folk shouldn’t be so quick to judge based on the now.

435A5F91-863A-462D-93B0-ECE243A325EE.thumb.png.b902f1e9e53880cfde4996f4078419d9.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Hammering it down here in Rugby! The road and pavements are in that transitional stage from slush to snow :laugh:

20171227_004338.jpg

Yep just going through that stage now Andy. Infact roads almost white over now.

Just took this video. Very heavy snow ! sorry about the image quality.. it was zoomed right in and only using my smartphone.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
5 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Yep just going through that stage now Andy. Infact roads almost white over now.

Just took this video. Very heavy snow ! sorry about the image quality.. it was zoomed right in and only using my smartphone.

That's pretty good quality tbf! It really is coming down now isn't it. Massive flakes! In a right sweet spot here on the radar! So is Leicester :)

Screenshot_20171227-010241.png

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Street lights are off by me now. Gutted. Can't see anything now. Off to bed :sorry:

but is still snowing!

Edited by Barometer Cat

Posted

Damnnn yeah huge flakes and very very heavy. It's almost wiped out a 2inch deep puddle already, sweet!. Roads are now 95% white over. Settling very well everywhere now. If only it could stay like this for a few hours :D

Posted
1 minute ago, Matthew Gill said:

Wow. Just goes to show how 10 miles can make a big difference. Snow 10 miles east and north east and rain here

Very unlucky! It's cos Nuneaton is a dive mate, even the snow doesn't want to go there! :rofl: jesting of course. Strange though how 10 miles is the difference between rain and snow though.