Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

Nice! I only have a 125 Honda but it gets me from A to B and only need a CBT license for it haha. Was very dicey on it when it snowed though!

Honestly I think 125 riders are braver than big engine riders. I had one for a month or two while I practiced for my full license. A 2007 Honda CBF 125 I think it was... oh man that thing was sketchy as hell! the tyres are so thin and inspire no confidence... the brakes are, ugh, well, not great. There is no power to get away from murderous cars and so on. I felt so much safer on a 650cc. Can get up to speed nice an quickly when pulling out, and nice big tyres with brakes that stop you quickly :D

Anyway I am getting off topic lol. Still snowing here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!
6 minutes ago, brabs69 said:

I'm in East Haddon 8 miles from Northampton, just sleet here at mo 

Thanks - got to drive to Luton at 6.30am tomorrow, may or may not get a surprise in the morning!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Nice! I only have a 125 Honda but it gets me from A to B and only need a CBT license for it haha. Was very dicey on it when it snowed though!

didn't you used to have CBT years ago? I'm sure you did when I spoke to you first at least 10 years ago? :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Honestly I think 125 riders are braver than big engine riders. I had one for a month or two while I practiced for my full license. A 2007 Honda CBF 125 I think it was... oh man that thing was sketchy as hell! the tyres are so thin and inspire no confidence... the brakes are, ugh, well, not great. There is no power to get away from murderous cars and so on. I felt so much safer on a 650cc. Can get up to speed nice an quickly when pulling out, and nice big tyres with brakes that stop you quickly :D

Anyway I am getting off topic lol. Still snowing here :D

That's what i've got!! Haha. I know what you mean by then being sketchy. I'm happy with the bike but of course i'd love more power and bigger tyres. Bit hair raising when you're battling it out with lorries on the A roads too but you get used to it:laugh:

Still snowing here too but not settling anywhere yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing here for 2 hours now, but still conditions are not conducive to settling. There is a thin, wet coating on cars but nothing anywhere else. A bit disappointing as it's been moderate to heavy snow consistently for quite a while. Ohwell still plenty more to come :)

Posted

Moderate snow in Hinckley for last few hours but it's not settling very well. Just a white mushy mess at the moment. Can't see us getting any huge accumulations

if anything it's melting on the pavement now even though it's still snowing 

Edited by WelfordRd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

didn't you used to have CBT years ago? I'm sure you did when I spoke to you first at least 10 years ago? :-)

No mate, I got my CBT in jan of this year. I cycled for years though haha. Progressing slowly :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

This is the current situation outside here

image.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

No mate, I got my CBT in jan of this year. I cycled for years though haha. Progressing slowly :laugh:

Sorry matey, I'm sure there used to be another bloke with a similar name are yourn on NM. Sorry .... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
12 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Honestly I think 125 riders are braver than big engine riders. I had one for a month or two while I practiced for my full license. A 2007 Honda CBF 125 I think it was... oh man that thing was sketchy as hell! 

I sat my CBT in 1992 on a 1970s Honda CG125 with a vapour-lock in the fuel line. I still reckon I was lucky, because when the vapour lock cleared as I was exiting a T-junction and the examiner estimated I accelerated to about 35mph by the opposite side of the junction, the bit of kerb I hit at an angle was the five-foot gap between a telegraph pole and a pillar-box, either of which would have simply killed me. I went back weeks later and looked and it was a very short section where it was 'safe' to crash... 

Still now snow here... 

Posted

Guys & Gals have you seen the snow they have had in Erie, Pensylvania, USA ? 56 inches since Christmas eve !!! sweet mother of ..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Still 80/90% rain, 1.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well if anyone wants to see a decent amount of lying snow in the morning head this way or better still the lickey hills 

• Like 1

Posted

Still pants here with mostly rain with maybe the odd snowflake mixed in. Is this likely to change at any point?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

Turning to sleet now in coventry, Beebs have also downgraded to more sleet later during the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Still snowing and good covering in Bournville but seems to me to be melting a little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looks like the frontal system is weekening now, so anything substantial is looking less and less likely now - unless something extremely unlikely happens, like a sudden strengthing occurs. Temp stuck at 1.4c for over an hour now.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
5 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Bit of a non event here in coventry snowing for the last 2 hours but not settling roads were to wet for snow to settle ?

Same here

Posted

It was always a "bonus" event anyway, nothing anticipated until 48 hrs ago and the usual downgrade of the possible 10-25cm, although a few of you are doing well, good luck for more.

Posted

For what it's worth; these are the midnight accumulations on Arpege model. Similar on NMM and other models..

A792TKz.png

And by 8am

dIsJM2B.png

Looks like it's supposed to start to settle later in the night.

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 4