Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Left Solihull about 8.50pm to get to Halesowen just off Junction 3.

heavy leaving all the way to frankley services. Then from there into Halesowen a light covering. Back here it’s just mostly sleet. Amazing how it can change within 1km from the road completely covered to a light dusting.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, nobble said:

Sleet/snow now friend in bournvile looks like a fair bit

Came through bourneville just befor 9.30 was a covering on the road but nowhere near as bad as weoley castle which is just about 1/2 mile away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Light rain now in Wolves, temp has actually risen in last 1/4 of an hour. I think i can kiss goodbye to snow here this eveving and overnight.

Posted
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

What's it like in Stoke? Raining in Harrow.

Lightish rain. Some sleet in higher parts, but not heavy enough to turn to snow. You're not missing anything.

Posted
3 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Light rain now in Wolves, temp has actually risen in last 1/4 of an hour. I think i can kiss goodbye to snow here this eveving and overnight.

It has indeed , hopefully some of it will stay on hills around brum till tomorrow for photographs  :) 

Posted
7 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Really Dudley still snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A rather disgusting sleety slushy mess here. To be honest I'm not too upset as I absolutely must travel to Bristol tomorrow (family reasons) and I really don't want a repeat of two weeks ago! Anyone up in the higher bits of Dudley etc is welcome to any snow I could have had, though! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Hi guys

I am out atm further south (typical) but wondering if there is any snow in Northants yet?

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Where the hell did this come from?! At my girlfriends house in Rugby and the rain has turned to snow. My mum in Leicester has also messaged me saying it's snowing there! Wasn't expecting this :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

Where the hell did this come from?! At my girlfriends house in Rugby and the rain has turned to snow. My mum in Leicester has also messaged me saying it's snowing there! Wasn't expecting this :laugh:

Should check the models Andy... this will carry on til about 6 or 7am. Might be some decent accumulations by the morning when people are awakening :)

Posted
Just now, kmanmx said:

Should check the models Andy... this will carry on til about 6 or 7am. Might be some decent accumulations by the morning when people are awakening :)

Haha, I hadn't been checking them lately as it was so mild over Christmas. That'll teach me :laugh: I hope there is accumulations by morning. Not on the roads though as i have to ride s motorbike back to Rushden at 7:30am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Flakes are thickening up here..

Was wondering why we hadn’t heard from you andy_leics, lol..

Posted
4 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Hi guys

I am out atm further south (typical) but wondering if there is any snow in Northants yet?

Thanks

I'm in East Haddon 8 miles from Northampton, just sleet here at mo 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Haha, I hadn't been checking them lately as it was so mild over Christmas. That'll teach me :laugh: I hope there is accumulations by morning. Not on the roads though as i have to ride s motorbike back to Rushden at 7:30am!

Haha. You're making me jealous, I sold my m'bike recently (just an SV650) to get more money for a house deposit :(

I did see a guy on a gixxer 600 when it snowed a few weeks ago. Suffice to say he was just paddling it down the road using his legs as stabilizers :p 

Posted

Not seen anything wintry here, it's been mostly fairly light so no chance for evap cooling to really kick in. Maybe if that heavier stuff shifts north we might get something, but to be honest it doesn't look too exciting tonight. A few random spots seem to be getting some snow but it doesn't seem cold enough for a widespread event.

Anyway, 0.5cm of slush that starts melting as soon as the snow stops/rain starts/sun rises/temp mysteriously shoots up is so mid-2010s. Don't start tearing my hair out if I miss that by 50 miles now we are in the late 2010s, which started meteorologically on Dec 8th 2017....

Posted
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

Haha. You're making me jealous, I sold my m'bike recently (just an SV650) to get more money for a house deposit :(

I did see a guy on a gixxer 600 when it snowed a few weeks ago. Suffice to say he was just paddling it down the road using his legs as stabilizers :p 

Nice! I only have a 125 Honda but it gets me from A to B and only need a CBT license for it haha. Was very dicey on it when it snowed though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
32 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Your definition of horrendous doesn't match mine ............

Lol tbh I meant it in a good way ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
4 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Might be an idea to delay departure by 90 minutes or so to let the chaos get cleared... 

this has been forecast with the MetO having warnings so the gritters will be out, but I would bet the early rush-hour will be a horrible snarl. I've mates driving from Colchester to N Wales tomorrow, and I was recommending to her a couple of days ago to leave their departure til about 10am and they should be totally fine on the main roads. 

I'd at least wait til daylight were I trying to do it on a bike - first working day back after Xmas, snowfall nobody except the forecasters were expecting, the roads will be full of optimistic muppets driving too fast, too close together, and gunning it in first to polish the surface horribly...

• Like 1