Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Morning guys..

I have to drive up to Shrewsbury at 09:00 any problems on the motorways.?

Temp now dropped to -1.2C  and still dropping as the even colder air arrives.  Dew Point at -2.0C

We got topped up by another 4-5cms after it went dark last night.

Looks to be about 20 - 25cms (total)  out there at a guess.

I will take a tape measure out, and post some of the photos I have taken already this morning.

Good luck to everyone. with the -10C forecast.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
21 minutes ago, Zak 92 said:

So close yet so far ?

ECC7A8D1-9948-4858-A349-0256EBDB4018.png

Don't worry, it's over here and it's just light rain. You're not missing out :laugh:

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light snow eased before midnight here. Temp currently -2.4c wind chill -6c

20171211_084750.thumb.jpg.be25360696811b1de68aca533f9a019c.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Recorded -2.4'C this morning, with a dew point of -6.6'C. The lowest I have recorded since moving here. Never seems to get deeply cold at night.

Should be a beautiful day, with little if any snow melt. Then the Met Office app has a low of -11'C for here tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

measuring the snow in the garden it came up to 18 cm and now it’s beginning to freze Ice i think will be the danger this evening 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light snow until around 0230 this morning. Average depth is 11cm. Slight drifting in exposed areas, deepest drift I could find ( in a couple of minutes ) was 40cm. Temp' currently is -2.2c.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Amazing to think that the 3-4cm extra I got last night would normally be a decent snowfall on its own for my area!

Final total, 28cm of which 5cm was left over from Friday. So 23cm from yesterday/last night.

I believe that is both the deepest total and the greatest single fall here since the January 1982 blizzard, though I wasn't here at the time so can't be 100% sure. Whatever the case, an epic event!

28cm.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Couldnt  get off the estate This morning   had to catch public transport.  first time ive done that in 9 years   tried to put the change in the ticket dispenser   oh the shame.   Anyway  very cold today.  - 2.4  and 20.5 cm of snow   harsh frost expected Tonight  so i guess schools  will be shut again Tuesday  oh the joys.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Couldnt  get off the estate This morning   had to catch public transport.  first time ive done that in 9 years   tried to put the change in the ticket dispenser   oh the shame.   Anyway  very cold today.  - 2.4  and 20.5 cm of snow   harsh frost expected Tonight  so i guess schools  will be shut again Tuesday  oh the joys.

Roads were dicey at 7am this morning, think I would have been struggling without a 4wd mode car.

Motorways were great.....should snow more often, keeps the traffic off them!!!

Posted
6 minutes ago, mozza81 said:

Roads were dicey at 7am this morning, think I would have been struggling without a 4wd mode car.

Motorways were great.....should snow more often, keeps the traffic off them!!!

Estate was shocking   I Live at the top of Milking  Bank/ Burton Road  Everywhere you go is either up or down  Nightmare.

Edited by weirpig

Posted

The morning after the day before.........reckon we topped up to a total of 7-8 inches here and as I can work from home its amusing to see other struggle off their drives this morning, our road does not look like fun,

My parents over in Halesowen reckon they had a foot of snow and its the most me mom can remember falling.

Truly a memorable snow event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Interesting how cold it is still for some of you. 1 degree here and thawing very quickly, I don't think we will have much left by lunch time!

Posted

Gfs keen on some further snow showers thursday and friday. Need to hope the rain doesnt do much damage weds to whats lying currently and then we would see snow last through to the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
1 minute ago, stripe said:

could be wrong but think i had 24 hours of snowfall here north of worcester, long long time since that happened.

got around a foot of snow, currently -0.9deg

I'm not sure exactly when it ended last night (3-4 am?), but I think 24 hrs is likely, yeah. No idea when it last happened in these parts -- maybe another one that goes back to the 1980s!

Still down at -2 °C here on the western edge of Arctic Bewdley. Sun's come out now, but I doubt it's going to make much impression!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

just been up Burton Dassett with daughter - 1 up there 1c back in Warwick. going to be a cold one tonight , wrap up and stay safe if your out first thing:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Crystal Blue Skies  and still -2c   lovely

yes, certainly no thaw here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Crisp winters day now snow hasn't melted at all last night topped up another few cms. Tonight temps are going to drop big time so alot of ice will be about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

temp  minus 1C due point -1 lets hope that this is not the only event of  this winter.