Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
34 minutes ago, WalsallWeather said:

I said earlier, if only this had happened in two weeks time it would've been happening on Christmas Eve, would have been special!

You never know we could have a rerun by then anyway. Does anybody think there's a chance that a fair amount of today's snow could still be about by then?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weatherman662 said:

Would that stall both bands? One stalled north Mids and one stalled south mids?

Or could join together and we get one big band like how the hirlam model has forecasted!!if that model is right then we could get another 6 hours of snow!!

Posted

How Much have you got in Leicester>?  We have around 10 cm in Hinckley but its not settled since it became Dark really, nothing on the cars since they were cleared.   Not has much as others but happy we have a good covering :)  Hoping we get some later 

Posted
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Or could join together and we get one big band like how the hirlam model has forecasted!!if that model is right then we could get another 6 hours of snow!!

I think we all would love that to happen ! 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

You never know we could have a rerun by then anyway. Does anybody think there's a chance that a fair amount of today's snow could still be about by then?

Yes 

could be , should be a fair amount this time next week as high for the week is 3 deg at the mo ....

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office app now showing snow until 6am in Stoke. Also gives me a low of -10 tomorrow night.

Says -9'c for tomorrow night.  That's the coldest I remember it being in years ... 

BBC TV forecast said something like -14'c for countryside areas 

Edited by Weatherman662

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weatherman662 said:

Says -9'c for tomorrow night.  That's the coldest I remember it being in years ... 

BBC TV forecast said something like -14'c for countryside areas 

Coldest I’ve experienced was -14 in Kent in 2010. Tomorrow night could be the second coldest I have ever experienced!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, heavy snowfall or crisp sunny frosty days

So what a snow day, I know it was forecast, but I often find the tv forecasts a tad overdramatic at times, but WOW, this one wasn't!! 

1030pm.jpg

10301a.jpg

10302a.jpg

10304a.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Yeah, so they have a temperatue range of 13'c over the same area?? that has to be terrible forecasting, especially if you work in horticulture and rely on a correct forecast.

so what is it BBC, 0'c or minus 12'c???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
16 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Have you seen our MetO update now?! Heavy snow from midnight till 4am!

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Yeah, so they have a temperatue range of 13'c over the same area?? that has to be terrible forecasting, especially if you work in horticulture and rely on a correct forecast.

so what is it BBC, 0'c or minus 12'c???

Is it snowing there? It's says here I should have heavy snow on the radar but there's nothing falling?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Is it snowing there? It's says here I should have heavy snow on the radar but there's nothing falling?

light to moderate snow here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I've been watching this radar all afternoon and evening, and there must one one of those "snow windows " over this town, as the image was almost clear and also when i  looked at Telford's, Walsall's  & Cannock's BBC's forecast's all what was forecasted here was just light snow, but the other's were due heavy fall's, just as tonight's also. Very bizzare, also next to nothing falling here now, but it is elsewhere. Can anyone understand this, or is it just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
23 minutes ago, WalsallWeather said:

Have you seen our MetO update now?! Heavy snow from midnight till 4am!

That is crazy, looks like round 3 then for us :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I can't believe it's still snowing here! We really have had an amazing day! Everything looks so beautiful out there. You watch, this will be it for us for the rest of winter lol!