Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
31 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

would it be too much to ask for a surprise? :-p

34 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

The radar echoes are shrinking faster and smaller with each update, i cannot see where the pepping up is going to come from?

I can't see it atm either BBC just updated Nuneaton and bedworth for heavy snow later??? And light snow all the way to 7am? Surely not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

So far as I have seen, it hasn't actually stopped all day here. Much of it was a very fine powder but it fell steadily. Small flakes again now, and the gritters just went past again, which is good...

My footsteps from when I went out about 2pm and measured Fri+Sun as c.27cm or 10 inches have almost completely vanished now. It looks like maybe another two inches, which would give us a foot. In an urban area at only 150m asl. It's not like we're up a mountainside!

I have to say, if we aren't going to get continuing snow, I'd be okay with heavy rain on Wednesday - lingering snow in towns that aren't used to it is horrible... nobody's cleared pavements so you have to walk on the roads, and the ice just persists for days and days underfoot, as the snow gets greyer and slushier...

What we have now is beautiful and for a day or two it will be beautiful. I'd rather have my snow do a James Dean! :D

Posted
11 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Snowing  moderately again now.

I tend to agree - where is it coming from?

However my temps are still OK  at 0.0C and the dew point is at -1.0C

MIA

uh ow!! temps mand DP going up, Now 0.6'c and DP of -1.2'c!! :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, BleakMidwinter said:

So far as I have seen, it hasn't actually stopped all day here. Much of it was a very fine powder but it fell steadily. Small flakes again now, and the gritters just went past again, which is good...

My footsteps from when I went out about 2pm and measured Fri+Sun as c.27cm or 10 inches have almost completely vanished now. It looks like maybe another two inches, which would give us a foot. In an urban area at only 150m asl. It's not like we're up a mountainside!

I have to say, if we aren't going to get continuing snow, I'd be okay with heavy rain on Wednesday - lingering snow in towns that aren't used to it is horrible... nobody's cleared pavements so you have to walk on the roads, and the ice just persists for days and days underfoot, as the snow gets greyer and slushier...

What we have now is beautiful and for a day or two it will be beautiful. I'd rather have my snow do a James Dean! :D

disagree there, the best thaw was April 2013, where sunshine and eventually time of year thawed it, hope Wed is dry, now want it as dry as possible, and it'll be back to the model thread again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I have a very serious  'casualty' to report tonight!!

My favourite lamp-post    -      its...................... disappered.:sorry::cray::shok:

I have to report that I have had so much snow that the lamppost is no longer visible......

behind a snow laden flowering cherry tree in the front garden. 

Its never happened to me before. I feel very vulnerable

Fortunately I have a backup 50 meters down the road.

But I cannot see it from my bed.

To me it is worse than  the drama up in Shrewsbury.

:cray:

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Well either I'm going mad but it looks like the big patch is growing !also flakes bigger now in Bournville 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Ian Ballinger said:

It's actually warmed up to 1 degree here in the last hour :( drip drip too, but still snowing 

-0.5C here no thaw, but not snowing, wonder if I'll see anymore

Posted
14 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

disagree there, the best thaw was April 2013, where sunshine and eventually time of year thawed it, hope Wed is dry, now want it as dry as possible, and it'll be back to the model thread again!

Slow thaw on April 2013...

Countryfile showed very wet midweek,showery rain later,surface temps will take some recovering this week though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
3 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

Radar. What has just popped up towards Stratford?????

Just came out of nowhere 

I know. Bonkers! Sure the whole lots expanding 

Posted

Snowing heavier than I've seen so far today (I did get up at 9am) in Telford TF3. I'm not looking forward to my treck to work in the morning, probably a 3 mile walk to the bus station to find the bus isn't running would be my guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
13 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

I have a very serious  'casualty' to report tonight!!

My favourite lamp-post    -      its...................... disappered.:sorry::cray::shok:

I have to report that I have had so much snow that the lamppost is no longer visible......

behind a snow laden flowering cherry tree in the front garden. 

Its never happened to me before. I feel very vulnerable

Fortunately I have a backup 50 meters down the road.

But I cannot see it from my bed.

To me it is worse than  the drama up in Shrewsbury.

:cray:

MIA

Oh my gosh dude! I’m so sorry to hear about the lamppost! How horrible! ?

It must be a really difficult time for you right now! 

But just remember, even if the lamppost doesn’t come back to life, it will always have a special place in your heart! A good lamppost that I’m sure was always there for you whenever it was snowing! :angel: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just seen a travel alert that there's snow accumulating on the M5 between Junctions 5 and 6 just north of Worcester. Must be under that bright radar echo! (Still snowing in Bewdley, with total depth 24 cm now.)

Posted

Snow also picking up in Northants, amazing day, most schools in the area are closed tomorrow also, kids are ecstatic :-))

• Like 1