Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, The Wolf said:

Is the snow meant to pep up? Seems to be losing intensity.

I doubt it NMM shows it slowly losing intensity and clearing away to the south east. Eastern areas based on that model maintain intensity slightly longer than those in the west. Whether it plays out like that we will see. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Make your own mind up, still coming down nice here and looking at the radar still a fair few hours yet.

Screenshot_2017-12-10-09-20-08.thumb.png.f4415313ad078729cc03008aff72271a.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Make your own mind up, still coming down nice here and looking at the radar still a fair few hours yet.

Screenshot_2017-12-10-09-20-08.thumb.png.f4415313ad078729cc03008aff72271a.png

No doubt its weakening but if it maintains at least 1cm an hour and snows another 6 hours or so then the totals for many of us in southern half of midlands will have over 10cms if not much more for some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Most since 2013 here so a bonus. Still coming down.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Rammie said:

I wonder if there'll be power disruption. Not too bad here, but maybe somewhere between me and wherever it comes from? 

You can check on this live map from Western power distribution  covers Midlands, South Wales and the  South west https://www.westernpower.co.uk/Power-outages/What-s-Happening/Power-Cut-Map.aspx

Currently tiny flakes of snow in my area, with a reasonable coverage just outside east midlands airport where the runway is currently closed for snow clearing operation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I think I will call this a proper old fashioned  snowstorm ,gusty winds heavy snow what more could a snow junkie want on a Sunday morning:cold::yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

No doubt its weakening but if it maintains at least 1cm an hour and snows another 6 hours or so then the totals for many of us in southern half of midlands will have over 10cms if not much more for some

It's one of them radar watch ATM, but the BBC TV weather just mentioned still heavier falls to come for Wales and the West Midlands :)

Maybe looking at the Radar it's the brighter PPN over Wales ATM that will come into play.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

I think I will call this a proper old fashioned  snowstorm ,gusty winds heavy snow what more could a snow junkie want on a Sunday morning:cold::yahoo:

Indeed. It's been constantly gusting off my roof all morning creating big dust clouds of snow past my window. Brilliant stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Interesting, radar shows lighter ppn - but looking at the window, it's as heavy as ever. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

This band is starting to break up.

if that stuff in london uad hit here it would have been game over.

not expecting much more heavy stuff today looking at the models but what a great event for dec! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Nooooo!! It's starting to lose intensity :sorry: it's still coming down well here but I can see on the radar that it's starting to die down in the Midlands. Don't stop now, i'm just starting to get used to it!!

Posted

4-5cm now, intesntiy is good, but flakes are small. Dont know if its too cold for those big 50p wet flakes, currently -1C.

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Just under 20cm here granted there was still around 3 inches from yesterday it looks amazing. Snow expected till late this afternoon  brilliant stuff 

Remember back in the Summer when we were bemoaning the lack of thunder in our region and you said something to the effect, that perhaps what we don't get in thunder we may be paid back with snow. Looks like it's coming true :D:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Very intrigued by the BBC's snow map, and the difference between Telford's and Wolverhampton's snowfall times, and Telford seem to have it longer & heavier, but they are further north and west of here, which is the direction of where precipitation is approaching, quite odd. Oh, and the weather currently still moderate snow with a strong east or north-easterly wind, temp, -1.0C.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Remember back in the Summer when we were bemoaning the lack of thunder in our region and you said something to the effect, that perhaps what we don't get in thunder we may be paid back with snow. Looks like it's coming true :D:santa-emoji:

I do indeed kid. My only concern Is  work Monday morning. Have fun 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted

seemingly getting lighter and lighter going by the radar but less so going by looking out the window. 

Posted

East midlands airport weather suggests Lightsnow ( now) Snow, then heavy snow, birmingham Snow, light snow, snow, heavy snow

From what i understand these are compiled from a metrologist at the airport

East midlands airport : http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EGNX

Birmingham: http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EGBB