Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
2 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Am I the only one thinking we could get even more than what the met warned, especially with the amount we already have? 

Yes particularly south mids.

Snow actually really quite light and fine here, ppn seems to be going further north but dieing off in intensity as it gets up towards and past Leicester. Not seen any actual heavy snowfall yet though. Still, very happy with how its settling :) building up quite nicely considering it's fairly light.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

It’s getting pretty serious out there already and there’s so much more to come, where has this wind came from? It’s like an American storm lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Similar here. Just unbelievable. Harrow never got snow when I lived there and Stoke has ended up with a lot less than expected.

It's early days yet though dude, this band is meant to be sticking around for another 6 or so hours! If it stalls and pivots, Stoke will have continuous light-moderate snow during that time. Besides, did you not see any snow from those showers the other day/night? We got zilch from that here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
Just now, markw2680 said:

It’s getting pretty serious out there already and there’s so much more to come, where has this wind came from? It’s like an American storm lol

The road has gone lol

image.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
1 minute ago, kmanmx said:

Yes particularly south mids.

Snow actually really quite light and fine here, ppn seems to be going further north but dieing off in intensity as it gets up towards and past Leicester. Not seen any actual heavy snowfall yet though. Still, very happy with how its settling :) building up quite nicely considering it's fairly light.

Yeah reckon this will last long in our memories :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Snowing here quite hard again now everything is totally covered now. I would say we Easley have 4-5CM here now and if it carries on the way the mets forecasting we could get 10-15CM on low ground. I hope every1 gets to see snow in this event. I have a good fieling about this winter this I think is just the start of it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

@MIA "I like surprises" How Deep :D

Still coming down steady and a few more hours yet looking at the radar...Be nice if that heavier stuff over Wales would kindly come my way :wink:

Capture.thumb.PNG.6de6c6eaa070f70ce46861327b96b220.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

It's early days yet though dude, this band is meant to be sticking around for another 6 or so hours! If it stalls and pivots, Stoke will have continuous light-moderate snow during that time. Besides, did you not see any snow from those showers the other day/night? We got zilch from that here!

Only got a covering from those. Had quite a few showers yesterday but most missed here on Friday.

View from my dad's house in Harrow. Can't make this stuff up!

C16EE03E-6C04-458C-9D3B-2859EC86C788.jpeg

34 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

What are the roads like? My girlfriend works near the sky dome. She's currently staying with me this weekend but she's hoping that it will be too unsafe to travel to work tomorrow morning so she can have a snow day :laugh: wonder if she'll get away with it. Hope she can because i'm not working till tomorrow night!

I'm about to drive to the Skydome. Apparently the roads are brutal but I'll let you know if I make it!

Posted
1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

If that stuff in the SE manages to turn to snow, they are going to get absolutely pasted...

Sucks to be them, barely even sleet let alone snow. :D:D

I7M9MY8.png

In other news bloody hell my dad is a miserable sod. He likes snow like I do, but he's a negative person. First thing he said to me this morning is "bloody heavy stuff is missing us typical". Im like 1) Not even happy we've already got a good 5cm covering better than most years ? 2) Heavy stuff is supposed to hit us later, not yet. This is bang on what the latest models showed. 

But he is a bit naieve and ignorant, doesn't look at the models or anything. Just makes (bad) interpretations of radar. Even when I show him the models of what will happen, he comes up with his own "opinion" (completely uneducated on the matter) and just kind of tuts and sighs. Bloody annoying, a right party pooper ! :nonono:

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Yay it's here. Woken up to quite a covering. Now to try the new Pokemon Go weather function:yahoo:

Posted

Light snow here in Nottingham with about 1-2cm on the ground. After the horrible downgrades last night it is not bad at all. 20 mile shift North though please :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
6 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

The road has gone lol

image.jpg

Working at the Lickelys tomorrow is now booked in for Wed's.....PHEW!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Coming down thick and fast now boys (and girls ;):yahoo::yahoo: and it's going to stay like this for the next 3 or 4 hours :D:D I think we well end up with more than 10cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Think Met may have seriously underdone the totals already up to 7cm and were not even in the main band yet. West Mids, central and South Mids are looking up to 30cm if this carries on like this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
1 minute ago, TheIceManCometh said:

I'm about to drive to the Skydome. Apparently the roads are brutal but I'll let you know if I make it!

Thanks! 

Current scenes from my bedroom window in Rushden...

I swear I just saw a snowman flying through the air with a young child. Then again, in this day and age, that could seem a bit dodgy :laugh:

20171210_075156.jpg

20171210_075144.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

@MIA "I like surprises" How Deep :D

Still coming down steady and a few more hours yet looking at the radar...Be nice if that heavier stuff over Wales would kindly come my way :wink:

Capture.thumb.PNG.6de6c6eaa070f70ce46861327b96b220.PNG

Yes.but that was an hour ago!

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just up! 

Been snowing here since 4am (I got up to check).

I know we are in a special situation with all the snow from Friday but we ALREADY have 16cm on the ground and moderate snowfall!

We we could easily do 20cm. Roads covered again, no one going anywhere. Epic. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

December 1990 blizzard revisited? Can remember it well had my 7th Birthday when that lot hit, and we are off to my daughters 4th Birthday party later this morning! Talk about reliving your youth!!