Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Morning all, Nice to read all the snow reports ☺ The front is just starting to reach me as I type so should see something start to fall very soon. A good snow day coming up.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Snow really building up in coventry and to think we have another 4 or 5 hours of heavy snow to go this could be the heaviest snowfall since 1990!

What are the roads like? My girlfriend works near the sky dome. She's currently staying with me this weekend but she's hoping that it will be too unsafe to travel to work tomorrow morning so she can have a snow day :laugh: wonder if she'll get away with it. Hope she can because i'm not working till tomorrow night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Birmingham airport is toast. Motorways are like ski slopes. outside looks like a Christmas card. All we need now is Aled Jones singing the Snowman outside. Winter best since 2010 already lots more to come. Morning all and enjoy your time in the Snow.

Posted
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

What are the roads like? My girlfriend works near the sky dome. She's currently staying with me this weekend but she's hoping that it will be too unsafe to travel to work tomorrow morning so she can have a snow day :laugh: wonder if she'll get away with it. Hope she can because i'm not working till tomorrow night!

Im only half a mile from sky dome and the roads are bad very bad infact as the council havent gritted the roads think schools and business will be closed for a couple of days

Posted
1 minute ago, Cov87 said:

Im only half a mile from sky dome and the roads are bad very bad infact as the council havent gritted the roads think schools and business will be closed for a couple of days

Lovely jubbly!! :laugh:

Posted

Snowing steadily in Hinckley, the green more heavier snow on the net weather radar has been about a mile south for 90 mins and hasn't moved up. Was steadily moving north before that. Does this mean the heavier snow has reached  its northern limit? 

Edited by WelfordRd
Wanted to add a question
  • Like 1

Posted

Someone took this photo in Stanmore, Harrow, Greater London. Boy are my family in for a surprise when they wake up there ?

6B21F6E3-2AD9-41BF-9280-31E7CA3E827A.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Just woke up, expected nothing (we are used to it right!) but oh was I wrong, looks great and supposedly plenty more to fall where that came from! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Posted
3 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Snowing steadily in Hinckley, the green more heavier snow on the net weather radar has been about a mile south for 90 mins and hasn't moved up. Was steadily moving north before that 

That's happening for my location too. The heavier stuff just never seems to get here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Rammie said:

That sounds like a great job :)

I may go there later. I'm on the south side of the park. About a mile walk, and the little entrance by the old water slide is the first one I get to. Just hope the heavier stuff makes it this far! 

Spent also many years as a kid there living in great oakley now and can confirm heavy snow here as well.

Posted

The band as a whole edging north yet it seems the heavier stuff is stuck around coventry ?

Screenshot_20171210-072629.jpg

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Someone took this photo in Stanmore, Harrow, Greater London. Boy are my family in for a surprise when they wake up there ?

6B21F6E3-2AD9-41BF-9280-31E7CA3E827A.jpeg

You sure that's not the view from your bedroom window? :laugh:

Posted
1 minute ago, MKN said:

The band as a whole edging north yet it seems the heavier stuff is stuck around coventry ?

Yup you are right: :(

http://public.highwaystrafficcameras.co.uk/cctvpublicaccess/html/63260.html

Posted
3 minutes ago, MKN said:

Yup wish the heavier stuff would come further up ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Snowing steadily in Hinckley, the green more heavier snow on the net weather radar has been about a mile south for 90 mins and hasn't moved up. Was steadily moving north before that. Does this mean the heavier snow has reached  its northern limit? 

Welcome to the forum Welford Road.

It may move a little further north yet as the pressure is still falling across the area.

Not sure though as it seems to be spreading south as well.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

This is a bloody fantastic event, already the best in 5 years or so for my area. And still so much more to come :D 5cm or so now i'd say.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

You sure that's not the view from your bedroom window? :laugh:

Similar here. Just unbelievable. Harrow never got snow when I lived there and Stoke has ended up with a lot less than expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Massive flakes here looking at the radar the heavy stuff is right over me and we have a good few inches now. Birmingham, Coventry and Oxford seem to have the heavy stuff at present but it will pivot and go further North. Prediction Midlands will be cut off from the rest of the UK by around 5 tonight. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Am I the only one thinking we could get even more than what the met warned, especially with the amount we already have?