Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snowing here quite heavy  every thing is covered.  few centimetres I would say.morning everyone from the flooring here very moderately every think is now covered and it’s coming down quite first big flakes wonderful – what a fantastic way to start the day this is brilliant let’s hope everyone gets to enjoy the lie  I see the Met office has updated the warnings and we are under the amber warning till 6 PM tomorrow and then a yellow warning until 11:55 PM for slow so let’s wait-and-see what happens will get some floor tomorrow and enjoy will be five years I thought lifelong problems LOL 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Nothing still in Stoke. Radar was meant to show snow from 5am onwards but keeps being pushed back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
5 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

When you look at the snow map from 2010 there was a 10 mile wide strip by about 10 mile long area without any snow. There's a member on here from my neighbouring town of bedworth who I'm sure remembers it lol. This could be the first really big snow fall here for a long time. 

Ohh never even noticed that and seen that map many times too haha :rofl:, must have been the most unluckiest in the entire country lol.

And looking like a major event this and as you didn't have it back then lol, enjoy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Only really just started, real heavy stuff yet to arrive - but got around 1cm now.

gskC3QFWC8kSboTb0GhAdsKkhmI5kp66HtpcXth_

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Snow has started here so it must have in Stoke

Oh it's snowing in Longton (south Stoke) I just can't see us getting anywhere near as much as had been forecast, after getting a lot less than was predicted for Friday and Saturday as well. I guess it's my own fault for getting so excited and setting my hopes so high.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Oh it's snowing. I just can't see us getting anywhere near as much as had been forecast, after getting a lot less than was predicted for Friday and Saturday as well. I guess it's my own fault for getting so excited and setting my hopes so high.

Need the greens over us (NW radar) to have any chance at all of anything sticking. I'll take a cm or two to be honest at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Got around 2-3cm here already and that's just from light-moderate stuff falling in the past hour and a half. I'll take some pics once it gets light.

Funny thing is, our road was gritted at about 9pm last night and the snow has just been like 'no ***** given' and settled on it with no problem :laugh::laugh: fat load of good that gritter did!

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Grit doesn't melt snow as such and required cars to get working too. As it is Sunday traffic is light so it may take a while. Even the motorways are down to one lane as snow on others.

Posted

Did anyone just hear thunder, ive just heard a long deep rumble lasting 25 seconds or more in the distance? 

Posted

Finally light snow but not settling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Temps and DPs rising fairly quickly in Solihull area, DP up to -0.1 ant temp of 0.6c. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Need the greens over us (NW radar) to have any chance at all of anything sticking. I'll take a cm or two to be honest at this point.

Yep. After the warnings and forecasts suggested 15-30 cm over the past few days. To top it off, my home town of Harrow, Greater London now has a snow warning. Got to laugh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
1 hour ago, andy_leics22 said:

Wow, Witney has an inch?! I spoke to my uncle yesterday who lives in Kennington and he asked me if they would see any snow. I told him "unfortunately Oxford itself looks a bit too far South. You will most likely see rain/sleet" 

Well, looks like I may end up with egg on my face with that forecast:rofl:

I've just woken up and I can confirm that we have SNOWWWW here in Rushden (Northamptonshire). Only light at the moment but settling on all surfaces! This baby looks set in as well looking at the radar :yahoo:

Seems to be very light grainy stuff falling at the moment. Want it to pep up a bit but a nice covering so far albeit not much more than an inch so far. Radar looks good for perhaps some heavier stuff in a couple of hours!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Did anyone just hear thunder, ive just heard a long deep rumble lasting 25 seconds or more in the distance? 

i hate to ask this but when was the last time you heard thunder that lasted that long :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, heavy snowfall or crisp sunny frosty days

These are my 6am piccies, and just as I was thinking about getting my head down for a couple of hours my street light came on so its a case of do I don't I??

6am.jpg

6am1.jpg

6am2.jpg

6am3.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Delka said:

i hate to ask this but when was the last time you heard thunder that lasted that long :D

never heard it that long before lol but I think the thunder echo's more in snow so you hear it longer 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Just looked at the NW storm radar. No lightening strikes recorded... yet ?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Snow growing in intensity here now as the wind is picking up. It is still ESE so the low is still west of us...

The heaviest will appear at the tipping point as the low passes across.

Just announced the Bham Airport has been closed  for snow clearing. (3mies from me!)

As the wind picked  up the temperature has started to fall slightly -0.3 to -0.4C . Dew Point still good at -1,8C So I do not think we will have a problem with rain!

Also the visibility is starting to fall with the heavier snow.

Looks like 2 -3 cms on the fence.

MIA

Posted
Just now, Herefordweather said:

This is turning in to a once in a couple of decades snowfall here.....

I've been trying to contact someone in Bredwardine. But don't think they are up yet! Is it snowing now in Hereford?? 

Posted
Just now, Herefordweather said:

Yes, we have approx 8-10cms just outside the city centre and still coming down thick and fast. 

Great stuff. Probably similar in Bredwardine hopefully :)