Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Diddly squat in Stoke. Radar suggests a dusting at most. Pathetic.

Just wait for it to move in, it isn't even over yet and you're already complaining! You'll be pleasantly surprised in a few hours guaranteed. I don't think I see anywhere that points to just a dusting near Stoke at all

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Just now, birdman said:

About an inch of snow here in Witney. Must be knife edge stuff anywhere south of oxford!

Wow, Witney has an inch?! I spoke to my uncle yesterday who lives in Kennington and he asked me if they would see any snow. I told him "unfortunately Oxford itself looks a bit too far South. You will most likely see rain/sleet" 

Well, looks like I may end up with egg on my face with that forecast:rofl:

I've just woken up and I can confirm that we have SNOWWWW here in Rushden (Northamptonshire). Only light at the moment but settling on all surfaces! This baby looks set in as well looking at the radar :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted

The precip is still pushing north at a fair old rate tbh if you run the last 30mins through on the radar. Stoke etc should be fine

Posted
6 minutes ago, Delka said:

Just wait for it to move in, it isn't even over yet and you're already complaining! You'll be pleasantly surprised in a few hours guaranteed. I don't think I see anywhere that points to just a dusting near Stoke at all

Radar shows very little moving towards here, all models have downgraded for here and the BBC and Met Office automated forecasts have also downgraded it massively.

Back off to bed. Have fun all!

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, heavy snowfall or crisp sunny frosty days

Taken at 5am. Birds singing like its broad daylight out there, most odd!!

5am.jpg

5am1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

I am surprised no one is talking about how windy it is the Snow is side on. There's going to be some nasty driving conditions about. Anyone up who lives near Sutton Coldfield I have to drive there later just wondering what it's like in that neck of the woods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Morning all!. Just awoke.

Snow here! just a quater centimeter dusting so far. Literally just arrived, but sticking nicely already.

Posted

Snowing just south of Kettering, and is right on schedule as per met Office hourly forecast. Hopefully it carries on like that. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just woke up to have a look and it is indeed snowing. It's very fine snow though, but it's settling nevertheless, though only a light covering so far. Going back to sleep now, to hopefully wake up to lots more :lazy::santa-emoji:.

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Radar shows very little moving towards here, all models have downgraded for here and the BBC and Met Office automated forecasts have also downgraded it massively.

Back off to bed. Have fun all!

Oi, mr pessimistic! I know how you feel, I used to live under snow shield in Leicester and we used to miss out on the snow when everywhere around us used to get it.

However, i'm here to inform you that this band of snow WILL reach stoke. In fact it should be about to snow in Stoke right now. Look, I have proof and everything...

Screenshot_20171210-053331.png

Screenshot_20171210-053334.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi guys... (just about):D

Snowing lots of smallish flakes, settling easily.

Temp -0.5C,Dew Point -2.4C

Winds fairly light.ESE.

All looks good for snow to last at least until midday according to the BBC News weather just seen.

To me it looks like last nights forecast.

Good to see it is sticking everywhere. I think we are all going to get something and in some areas it may become very heavy as it pivots. I expect most people to get about 10cms -some areas will get more.

I see we already have 25 people on board -  you lot are idiots:D:yahoo::nonono:. My wife told me!!!

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Oi, mr pessimistic! I know how you feel, I used to live under snow shield in Leicester and we used to miss out on the snow when everywhere around us used to get it.

However, i'm here to inform you that this band of snow WILL reach stoke. In fact it should be about to snow in Stoke right now. Look, I have proof and everything...

Screenshot_20171210-053331.png

Screenshot_20171210-053334.png

Can confirm Leics snow shield already blown up here :D:D settling nicely even with this light stuff.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, kmanmx said:

Can confirm Leics snow shield already blown up here :D:D settling nicely even with this light stuff.

Lmao! I remember the day it blew up in Dec 2010, just before Christmas. It was my Grandad's last Christmas with us and it snowed around 3-4 inches a few days before christmas day and stuck around for about a week, was beautiful.

It did seemingly get repaired and was breached again in Jan 2013 but this time, it's going to need some major repair work again :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
3 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Hi guys... (just about):D

Snowing lots of smallish flakes, settling easily.

Temp -0.5C,Dew Point -2.4C

Winds fairly light.ESE.

All looks good for snow to last at least until midday according to the BBC News weather just seen.

To me it looks like last nights forecast.

Good to see it is sticking everywhere. I think we are all going to get something and in some areas it may become very heavy as it pivots. I expect most people to get about 10cms -some areas will get more.

I see we already have 25 people on board -  you lot are idiots:D:yahoo::nonono:. My wife told me!!!

MIA

As true as that maybe lool, it will be nice for my 6 yr old boy to enjoy some settling snow for once(and me). Enjoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
11 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

I am surprised no one is talking about how windy it is the Snow is side on. There's going to be some nasty driving conditions about. Anyone up who lives near Sutton Coldfield I have to drive there later just wondering what it's like in that neck of the woods.

You’re right it really is quite blowy out there. Big drifts somewhere!!!

Posted
10 minutes ago, Rammie said:

Snowing just south of Kettering, and is right on schedule as per met Office hourly forecast. Hopefully it carries on like that. 

Good ol Kettering. I worked at Wicksteed Park during the Summer down in the lake area driving that big ferry boat :D I bet wicky's is going to look beautiful covered in snow this morning. Take some pics if you're near there!